Zip Lining

Jackiealu

Does Princess offer any excursion that includes the Zip Lining, or do we have to book with an independent operator for this.

I would prefer to book with Princess if they have it available.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Jackie

If you're talking about while on the Coral Princess, we found it available with Princess in Ocho Rios. Its listed as Ocho Rios Canopy Adventure.

There's also one while in Cozumel - Mayan Jungle Explorer - you travel to the main land, ziplining is part of the trip that also includes biking/snorkeling.

Also in Costa Rica - its called the Original Canopy Adventure.

3 out of 4 ports, so take your choice.

If you are on the Eastern Caribbean itin., St Lucia has a Zipline/Canopy tour. A new zipline/canopy tour has just opened in Antigua and I just found out today that they are working an agreement with Princess to offer this excursion through the ship beginning next month!

Roatan has two ziplines. We did one booking a private tour guide. It was fantastic. We avoided the cruise crowds, saved money and had lots of personal service. Check out each destination board to see what people have done.:o

• 1 month later...

Hi to the last two posters,

DH and I are 62 and 58 respectively and are considering the Zipline in Ocho Rios offered by Princess. Could you give more details? Is harness uncomfortable? Do your arms/hands hurt? Are you very high up? We are in good health, average weight, but not particularly fit or athletic. Any extra details would help SO much if you have the time. Thanks!!

My husband and daughter did a private tour in Roatan...just a word of advice...be sure you hold up your legs 'every time' you are approaching a platform. My husband ended up with several stitches and antibiotics from the ships doc on return to the ship - he was taking in the beautiful scenery and the platform appeared out of no where!!!

They loved it and would do it again!! Enjoy

My husband and daughter did a private tour in Roatan...just a word of advice...be sure you hold up your legs 'every time' you are approaching a platform. My husband ended up with several stitches and antibiotics from the ships doc on return to the ship - he was taking in the beautiful scenery and the platform appeared out of no where!!!

They loved it and would do it again!! Enjoy

We felt so safe on our Princess excursion...that just wouldn't have happened. The Guide on the other side was watching like a hawk and if you if you got within 20 feet of the platform with your legs down they'd be yelling "Legs up".

Dawnprincess,

No problem with the harness, it is kind of a sit in harness. You also have gloves to wear so you do not hurt your hands, I think. None of the lines are too high, and that really does not matter anyway. You are hooked onto two cables and are helped at one end by a guide and at the other end they catch you. The first one is scary, but after that they were just plain fun. The only line I had a problem with was one that went almost straight down. My knees don't bend like they used to and I was not prepared for the jolt at the bottom of that one. I think actually the "catcher" did not expect me so soon. I am very tall and probably arrived at the bottom faster than he expected. It was also a very short "zip". You do not have to be in great shape to do this. Gravity does it all for you. Very fun excursion.

Any zip lining in St Kitts or Bonaire that anyone knows of?

I keep forgetting I'm in my 50's now and keep wanting to try new stuff like this. LOLOLOL

Me too! I'll be doing it on the Dawn, since there is not a lot of excursions offered for the Mexican Riviera cruise we will be on in 08!

Archived