Holiday inn near beach?

cruise n' fool

I just booked the holiday Inn located at 999 Ft. Lauderdale blvd. It is across the street from the beach. I have seen everyone talking about the Holiday Inn Express located on SE 17th street. Does anyone know anything about the one I booked? I hope it is ok we got a great price for the night before our cruise. Any info would be great!

I just booked the holiday Inn located at 999 Ft. Lauderdale blvd. It is across the street from the beach. I have seen everyone talking about the Holiday Inn Express located on SE 17th street. Does anyone know anything about the one I booked? I hope it is ok we got a great price for the night before our cruise. Any info would be great!

It was recently sold and will soon be gutted and reopened as a high-end private label boutique hotel. It has not received many favorable reviews of late' date=' it's dated but the location is ok. Transportation costs would be a lot less if you were staying at the HIX on 17th though. ;) [/color']

I disagree. I've stayed there twice in the last couple months. The hotel has been completely refurbished within the last year. The bathrooms were a bit dated but the rooms themselves excellent. If you got the $69 or less Entertainment Card rate it's a good bargain. Nearly all rooms overlook A1A and the beach/ocean. There is a charge for parking not included in the rate and the parking garage is across the side road behind the hotel. BobK/Orlando

Hey cruise N' fool....How are you today...I have to say that it is a great area..You are close to everything..the beach is right accross the street...bars..restaurants are all along the strip...If anyone is staying longer than a day I would check out The park down the road it is very nice...Can't wait 13 days until ft. lauderdale 14 days until the legend yahoooooooo...I love these board too!!:p

bump

From Cruise Critic guidelines:

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#15

Archived