Inspiration Sailing Date Missing

Greenizz41

Hi all. I have an issue that concerns me. I check our May 17 cruise 2-3 times a day to see if there is a price drop. Yesterday afternoon that sailing was not even listed on all but one site I checked. I called my travel agent and Carnival (twice). They all said is was still a go but was probably just being updated. They had a ton of rooms still available so I know it couldn't be sold out - plus it usually says that. I did finally get it to show up by searching Carnival lst night but it said "No sailing available". Actually it said that for all dates in 2007 for that ship!! Any suggestions?

They can charter a whole sailing when there are people who have reserved and paid their deposits?

They sure can. If they do, you will be contacted and informed of the change. They will either let you cancel without penalty or switch you to another ship. Either way, they should offer you some kind of compensation, like for example 25% off your new cruise or upgrading you to a much better cabin or giving you an OBC.

Yesterday afternoon that sailing was not even listed on all but one site I checked. ....... Actually it said that for all dates in 2007 for that ship!! Any suggestions?

Figured I'd check, as well, to see if I could get that particular sailing (5/17 Inspiration) to appear, but I noticed that same "gap" too. It does clearly show the one prior and one after as being available. Not enough time for any type of dry dock sitaution, so I'd have to guess the same as those above, and suppose that someone has put a depost down for a possible charter. That does NOT always mean that those w/ already existing bookings get bumped, as some do partial charters with a passenger mix-in. Perhaps CCL just wants to keep anyone else from booking into something they are currently working on.... learning from the recent lesson w/ Elation. I hope your cruise will stay exactly as you've planned, and that it'll be fantastic.

That does NOT always mean that those w/ already existing bookings get bumped, as some do partial charters with a passenger mix-in.

This is true. If this turns out to be the case, I would do what I could to switch to another ship or sailing. From what I have heard, it's not fun to be a regular passenger when most of the ship is sailing with a single group. It sounds like you end up feeling "left out" and the groups take over to the point of leaving you with not many options aboard the ship. I have not had personal experience with this, but I have read of other people's experiences on this message board.

So how much advance notice to they give? I checked this morning at 3 sites including Carnival and it still doesn't show. I'm really starting to get nervous now. It was extremely hard to find a date with 2 penthouses available for that was good for all 10 people.

So how much advance notice to they give? I checked this morning at 3 sites including Carnival and it still doesn't show. I'm really starting to get nervous now. It was extremely hard to find a date with 2 penthouses available for that was good for all 10 people.

Have you tried to call Carnival again today? Maybe they have some new information for you. Otherwise, keep pestering them til they give it up.

Try doing a Google search of your ship name and sailing date, and see if any group cruises come up. That way, at least you would know if the ship is going to have a group cruise that could possibly bump you off that sailing. Plus, you could see what type of group it was, which might possibly effect your decision to cruise that particular ship.

I would not worry too much about it. but, If you want to find out if there is a large group going that week or poss a charter, then ask your TA to call Carnival group bookings and ask if there is a large group booked on that trip. I did not do that once, and wound up on a "RIchard Simons" cruise to lose. Not a good thing if you are cruising alone. Now I have the TA call before booking to be sure.

I did go on one group cruise that was wild. the ship was repostioning from San Juan to NO and they offered the ship to people from the area first and then filled in the empty rooms with others. Now that was a wild party,.... I mean cruise..... I would not got to concerned about it if the TA is on top of it. thats what we pay TA's for

I think the missing dates are a Carnival website issue. Our 2/22/07 4 day is also missing. When I expanded the search for 4 day salings of the Inspiration, they are listed for 2006 but there are none for 2007!:confused:

I think the missing dates are a Carnival website issue. Our 2/22/07 4 day is also missing. When I expanded the search for 4 day salings of the Inspiration, they are listed for 2006 but there are none for 2007!:confused:

Called Carnival I spoke with a nice helpful lady.

Those of us doing 4 nights after first of year. They changed the time we will be in Cozumel we will dock at 7AM leave at 6pm. One hour earlier.

Instead of docking at 8AM and leaving at 7PM.

Archived