taking alcohol on board?

maddiesky

How much beer, wine or liquor can you take on at embarkation? Do you pack it in your luggage or carry-on? Has anyone had theirs taken by ship staff until end of the cruise? I don't mind buying from Princess but not every drink....like to have a drink in cabin before dinner.

How much beer, wine or liquor can you take on at embarkation? Do you pack it in your luggage or carry-on? Has anyone had theirs taken by ship staff until end of the cruise? I don't mind buying from Princess but not every drink....like to have a drink in cabin before dinner.

I brought a 12 pack in my checked luggage with no problem.

Honestly,

As much as you like and or can drink. They don't care. We took scads of wine last year and enjoyed it on our balcony.

Wine we had in our carry ons. Liquor was bubble wrapped in our luggage and given to the porter. All made it onboard just fine. Have a great cruise.

Princess will allow you to bring on wine and champage on board with no questions. Any other type of alcohol is not "officially" allowed but that doesn't stop many from putting a bottle in their luggage.

As for having a drink in your room... I do it all the time. I go the bar, order a drink and take it back to my cabin. :)

Princess will allow you to bring on wine and champage on board with no questions. Any other type of alcohol is not "officially" allowed but that doesn't stop many from putting a bottle in their luggage.

As for having a drink in your room... I do it all the time. I go the bar, order a drink and take it back to my cabin. :)

And vice versa.....make a drink in your room and take it out with you.

Just returned from the Dawn and we carried on one of the Rubicon Winery 6-pack carrying type cases. They ran it through the scanner and the only comment that was made was "glass coming through".

Also, bought a 6-pack of beer in Puerta Vallarta and they ran that through the scanner also with no problem.

Just returned from the Dawn and we carried on one of the Rubicon Winery 6-pack carrying type cases. They ran it through the scanner and the only comment that was made was "glass coming through".

Also, bought a 6-pack of beer in Puerta Vallarta and they ran that through the scanner also with no problem.

Lets see... from what I have read on these boards you can put tags on a couple of cases of beer and have them delivered to your door. Add in the 5 or 6 bottles of wine you can smuggle in your luggage. Then with the roll-along cooler you drag aboard you can get some more beer and a couple bottles of booze aboard too. Then in your carryon you should be able to get 2 or 3 more fifths. Party's in your room :D

Archived