Door Decorations

ckpan

Read somewhere about bringing something to decorate your cabin door for fun and to make it easier to find. Is this something that Carnival approves of? What are the doors made of and do you suggest bringing a door hanger or can I put a thumb tack in the door. Was thinking of bringing a parrot wind chime to hang up.

We've used double sided sticky tape to hang decorations. I think they frown on using anything that might mar the finish of the doors so you have to be careful. I don't think you could get a thumb tack in those doors!

The doors are made of metal, so you couldn't put a thumbtack in them if you tried. As long as it doesn't mar the finish of the doors, Carnival doesn't mind if you decorate them.

It really is outrageous that you have to worry about door decorations being stolen! :eek: But, this isn't the first time I've heard of it happening. I decorated the door on my last cruise and didn't have any problems. Guess there was nothing that anyone thought worth taking.:D

I'll be decorating the door again for the halloween cruise on Conquest. One guarantee is that I won't be putting anything on the door that I really mind loosing. Of course, if someone takes my decorations, I won't be happy about it.

We used pictures, stickers and colored markers to decorate a sheet of posterboard. We left nearly half of the space empty for our neighbors to write a message (and we attached a marker). We attached the poster to our door with double-sided tape. It worked great and we got wonderful feedback on it. Even our dinner companions stopped by and wrote a note. We had such fun with it that we'll be sure to do it next time, too.

I was sad when my little magnets were stolen since this was our 35th Anniversary Cruise, but luckily I had bought more than one and had the extras along with us. So now I still have a souvenir "drink" from our cruise that was actually with us. :)

We used "Fun Tack" to stick decorations to our door. It is cheap, easy to use, and won't leave a residue. It's like sticky Play Dough (no smell though). You can get it in the School Supplies section at Walmart or the Stationery section at other stores. We went to "Party City" and got some tropical themed decorations... some little palm trees, tropical fish, etc. along with some door outline decorations. Most were 2 dimensional, but a few were "fold out" 3 dimensional, which we used inside the cabin. They looked great, but somebody did steal some of the decorations off the door before the end of the week. Some people just can't keep their hands off of what's not theirs. "Walking the plank" would be too good for them.

I found it funny when some people said they used our door decorations to help find their cabin after a late night.... "let's see... we're 4 doors past the decorations"... too funny.

Bottom line - do some planning, decorate your doors, and enjoy.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Dave

:cool: :cool: :cool:

we used the fun tack and put up a poster of our favorite hockey team, i had met other cc'ers online and told them if they saw a door covered with Boston Bruins to stop by and say hello. I also brought one of those dry erase message boards, to leave messages for our kids. We even left messages for the room steward (need an extra blanket) and he wrote back that he would bring one in the evening! It worked great, except for the nasty people who kept writing things like "you suck" on the message board over and over again. I finally just put the message board away. Some people just aren't happy unless they're being nasty.

I made copies of pictures and graphics from printshop, printed them on magnet paper and cut them out. Decorated our door first thing. Nothing was taken, but when dd took them down to pack, I was out. Walked right past my own door 3 times before I found it!

Archived