Is Hal For Me

elou

HI, THINKING OF BOOKING HAL (40 CRUISES WITH RCCL, CELEBRITY AND pRINCESS). I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EARLY RISER AND ESPECIALLY AT SEA, I LIKE ARTS AND CRAFTS, LECTURES, ETC. NOT A SPA OR POOL PERSON. I WANT TO TRY A 7 NIGHT FIRST. ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT IS THE THEATER PRODUCTION NUMBERS. I HAVE FOUND THAT RCCCL SEEMS TO CATER TO THE 30-40 YEARS, CELEBRITY IS STILL GREAT, AND PRINCESS IN-BETWEEN. I RELAX BY BEING BUSY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT SINCE I'M THINKING OF BOOKING IN MARCH. THANKS.

I think you should give HAL a try. There have been some production shows that were less than outstanding ... but by far most of them have been well done by extremely talented people.

On a HAL ship you can do as much or little as you choose. While there are not round-the-clock activities, you can always play cards or team trivia and other games organized by the ship, read, walk, attend port and enrichment lectures, etc.

I enjoy Holland America ships for their understated elegance. They look like ships. And their crews are marvelous ... attentive without being intrusive. They treat you as a guest and not just a customer.

Give it a shot and let us know what you think.

HI, THINKING OF BOOKING HAL (40 CRUISES WITH RCCL, CELEBRITY AND pRINCESS). I'VE ALWAYS BEEN AN EARLY RISER AND ESPECIALLY AT SEA, I LIKE ARTS AND CRAFTS, LECTURES, ETC. NOT A SPA OR POOL PERSON. I WANT TO TRY A 7 NIGHT FIRST. ALSO, VERY IMPORTANT IS THE THEATER PRODUCTION NUMBERS. I HAVE FOUND THAT RCCCL SEEMS TO CATER TO THE 30-40 YEARS, CELEBRITY IS STILL GREAT, AND PRINCESS IN-BETWEEN. I RELAX BY BEING BUSY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT SINCE I'M THINKING OF BOOKING IN MARCH. THANKS.

Dh and I were not impressed with the production shows. The solo singers of the HAL show cast were nothing to write home about. We both thought they were high school or maybe college material.

Dh and I were not impressed with the production shows. The solo singers of the HAL show cast were nothing to write home about. We both thought they were high school or maybe college material.

I think the lead singers (not just the dancers) make about $500 a week on HAL. What do you think you're gonna get? Broadway showstoppers?

The ship casts are generally young people trying to break in to the entertainment industry. They're young, inexperienced, and really anxious to do a good job. Maybe they're not yet polished to the extent that a broadway lead singer would be, but I think they are just fine ... and who knows? Maybe you'll see someone onboard a HAL ship that one day makes it big. Then you can say, "I saw her perform on my HAL cruise three years ago." :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived