QE2 2006 World Cruise Charity Video

berry22192

If lots of people, not just those lucky enough to be taking a World Cruise, could buy it.

I'm certainly surprised that more copies aren't available. I've never even seen a second hand copy offered on eBay - people who own them must want to keep them.

i had heard from someone else that they were still showing the video, and selling it onboard a few months ago - but if you are lucky enough to be going on the qe2 before the next world cruise and they are not still selling it, then you should try asking the cd Martyn Moss, or acd Warren Smith, since they were the producers and masterminds behind the whole project...:)

• 1 month later...
I, for one, would gladly buy this complete video (including the outtakes) for a lot more than $10 USD.

I think that I've got some good news. On my first full day onboard I asked about the video. I asked around and was told that the photographers desk was the place to get it. I asked there and was told that they had it and could make me a copy. I kept asking through the next two weeks and it was always "in a few days". Yesterday I was told that the master copy is in somebody's locker and that they wouldn't be onboard until today. As long as I paid for the video up front they would make a copy and post it to me, probably from New York.

I asked about other people getting a copy and was told that if you write to Cunard and ask them they can pass your details onto the photographers. The bad news is that they want a lot more than the USD 10.00 for the recording. It's now USD 34.95 plus USD 5.00 postage!

I still don't know if I'll ever get my copy but I'm willing to face the battle with Cunard if it doesn't arrive.

Hiya Malcolm, sorry we didn't get to say goodbye..we'll just have to say hello the next time we are on board together...next Christmas maybe? Anyway keeping to the subject I hope you do get your video...let's hope the mysterious person with the key gets on board again. Are you still swaying around from the gale force 8? Great fun...from the webcam she experiencing the same seas again.

Hiya Malcolm, sorry we didn't get to say goodbye..we'll just have to say hello the next time we are on board together...next Christmas maybe? Anyway keeping to the subject I hope you do get your video...let's hope the mysterious person with the key gets on board again. Are you still swaying around from the gale force 8? Great fun...from the webcam she experiencing the same seas again.

Hi Michael and Susan - I'm sitting here with the computer swaying in front of me! It was fun though wasn't it:)

I think that I've got some good news. On my first full day onboard I asked about the video. I asked around and was told that the photographers desk was the place to get it. I asked there and was told that they had it and could make me a copy. I kept asking through the next two weeks and it was always "in a few days". Yesterday I was told that the master copy is in somebody's locker and that they wouldn't be onboard until today. As long as I paid for the video up front they would make a copy and post it to me, probably from New York.

I asked about other people getting a copy and was told that if you write to Cunard and ask them they can pass your details onto the photographers. The bad news is that they want a lot more than the USD 10.00 for the recording. It's now USD 34.95 plus USD 5.00 postage!

I hope that they are giving the additional monies (other than shipping cost) to the original charity and are not using this as another way to get additional profit.

the photography concession does not set the price of their products. It is my understanding from talking to the CEO of IMage.com, who is the photography concession on the QM2, that they have no choice in the matter. The cruiseline sets the price, and further, reprints from them on various cruise lines vary according to which cruise line it was on.

Karie,

who is at work, but awaiting a decision from someone so snuck off to cruise critics. (don't tell!)

I hope that they are giving the additional monies (other than shipping cost) to the original charity and are not using this as another way to get additional profit.

When I queried the price (had I heard right? I was sure that I'd heard a much lower price mentioned here) they said that the extra was for the charity. They also said that they'd have a copy for me in just a couple of days!

i had heard from someone else that they were still showing the video, and selling it onboard a few months ago - but if you are lucky enough to be going on the qe2 before the next world cruise and they are not still selling it, then you should try asking the cd Martyn Moss, or acd Warren Smith, since they were the producers and masterminds behind the whole project...:)

That's exactly what I am planning on doing. I will be on the last segment of this year's World Cruise ... the Transatlantic from Southampton to New York at the end. I'm really hoping to pick up a copy of this ... or at least order one if they are not readily available onboard. I'd be interested in the 2007 one as well ... if they decide to do one on this year's World Cruise.

I have to say ... I never laughed so hard in my life as I did watching this You Tube version. I can only imagine how good the outtakes portion of the video must be.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I'd be interested in the 2007 one as well ... if they decide to do one on this year's World Cruise.

I have to say ... I never laughed so hard in my life as I did watching this You Tube version. I can only imagine how good the outtakes portion of the video must be.

Rita - I'm with you. That video is unique. I can't wait to see the full thing. I did ask this year if they would be selling one for next year's WC. They didn't know. If there is one though I want it!:)

The Youtube one was funny, but it is so degraded to lower the resolution and file size that it is difficult to watch. I, too would love to add this to my collection!

Karie,

Still working...on Friday night...after a miserable day!

But at least it is in the 60's out there in January in CT. May get up to 70,

But THERE IS NO GLOBAL WARMING!

If anyone reading this is on the QE2 for her world cruise, and knows whether or not they are going to be doing a similiar video this year, I would be very interested in this information. And, of course, I would want a copy as well.:)

• 1 month later...

Just to keep the board up to date with progress (or the lack of it) - I am still waiting for the DVD. When I placed the order it was going to be sent from New York once the ship had completed her transatlantic crossing. I spoke with Cunard UK on the 18 January; they called me back and said that it would be sent from San Fransisco - if I hadn't received it by the 14 February I should call back. I tried calling from the 16 to 21 February to be told that the ship's photographers weren't responding to emails so the problem had been passed to Guest Relations. On 3 March I spoke with Guest Relations who were surprised that I had not received the DVD yet. They were well aware of my problem and understood why I was starting to become annoyed.

They have offered to refund what I've paid - I don't want that, I want the DVD. If I don't hear by Friday I've said I will call her to find out what's happening!:)

Malcolm,

It sounds like a repeat of my saga of trying to get copies of my pictures from the Labor Day cruise.

I finally figured out the name of the CEO of the company contracted for their photography services and their email naming convention. I received a call from the CEO within minutes of sending that email. It still took a bit of time to get the shots, but at least we were in contact, where before, I received no response at all.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...
I still don't know if I'll ever get my copy but I'm willing to face the battle with Cunard if it doesn't arrive.

I wrote the above on 2 January - it's now 29 March and the battle still goes on. There was a ring on the doorbell this morning, it was the postman with a parcel from Singapore! Imagine my delight when I saw that it was from Cunard, from the QE2. I was a bit puzzled when I read the attached label that described it as a "Your Voyage QE2 DVD". When I opened the package the box read "Your Voyage"; When I tried to play the DVD it turned out to be the video they sell of the trip and not the charity one I'd wanted:(

I rang Cunard - they were astonished to hear that I had received a video and described it as "Beyond belief" that they'd sent the wrong one! I've left it with them - If I don't hear I'm to call back in two weeks.

Hiya Malcolm

You are having fun and games with Cunard ! I hope you get lucky and receive the DVD before we meet again at Christmas. By then there will probably be a new one from this World cruise and you can start all over again trying to get that one....it keeps you busy anyway ! Grrrr that webcam is off again, Michael says maybe Cunard haven't paid their bill !

• 3 weeks later...
Any news yet?

I'm still waiting! Apparently the photographers' head office in the US are now saying that the video has been erased - they only keep them for a limited time. Cunard in the UK says that they don't believe them and that someone onboard will have the master copy somewhere. I've to call back again on the 27th, having said to Kim Ellis that the best place to catch the photographers would be as passengers were boarding for the next trip on the 21st! (Apologies to everyone on the 21st sailing if you're boarding is delayed because there is a shortage of photographers:) )

I got home from work this afternoon to find a packet waiting for me; It was postmarked South Africa; The return address was QE2.

It's the Charity Video:)

I am so pleased:) It's taken four months but I've got a copy:)

The outtakes at the end are well worth seeing - anyone who can stand a four month struggle would be well advised to buy a copy:)

(I nearly forgot - Cunard are refunding the cost of the video so I'll get it for nothing - Thanks to Kim Ellis of Passenger Relations)

When I saw there was a new post on the thread. I thought to myslef, maybe he got it. NAH! Couldn't happen. Not with the hassle's he's gotten!

Wow! Congrats!

Maybe as a nice gesture to Ms. Ellis, you could make a voluntary contribution to the charities.

But of course, that's up to you.

Karie,

Who is very pleased for you

P.S. Do we know anything about THIS year's charity video?

Malcolm,

Thats fantastic! hearing about all the fuss and trouble that you were going through to get a copy.... I almost caved and was going to offer to do a copy of mine and mail it to you! (and no, that is not an offer open for everyone, only if you have to wait longer than say, oh 6 months).

As far as I know, they didn't do another one this year (last I heard is was something to do with legal difficulties).

Archived