Disappointed with the Jewel

Usc90grad

Maybe last week's trip on the Jewel was the exception instead of the rule. But it's funny to read how the people that sailed the w/o 11/5-11/12 all felt the same way as me...that the folks at NCL have some work to do.

Sorry you had poor experiences on the Jewel the week of 11/5 to 11/12/06. We were also on the Jewel that week, sorry to say your use of the word ALL is not quite accurate, you missed my husband and I. We have been on the Jewel twice now have enjoyed it both times.

I'm a little puzzled by your statement too, USCGrad. I agreed with you that there wasn't a big atrium -- but said it didn't bother me, and also that I didn't care about rock climbing walls or putt-putt courses. You complained about the cruise director -- I said he wasn't there the first couple of days, but we enjoyed him after that.

As far as the restaurants go, I didn't think the main dining rooms were particularly small. I think Azura doesn't look that much like a traditional cruise dining room, but think Tsar's was beautiful. I do have a complaint with the way the dining reservations are being handled, but definitely DON"T agree with your comment made on another thread that

I won't be back on NCL anytime soon.

Were there some issues? Yes, but overall we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise and will definitely be back on NCL in the future.

Hey Fran - Hey Susan!

I have to agree with Utefan when it comes to reservations. I tried to make reservations on Tuesday for Mama Mia's and was told they were booked every night!

It is not freestyle if you cannot eat where you want when you want. I can understand having to wait for a table (like any restaurant you would eat at) but it was very disappointing to not be able to get a reservation for the entire cruise @ Mama Mia's.

As others have suggested, I think they should leave a certain number of tables for walkins or for people making reservations the day of that dining experience.

We didn't have a reservation but we were able to eat at Teppanyaki 2x (one time they had a cancellation) and we ate @ Chin Chin the last night @ 8:30. The other times we ate @ Tsar's or Azura.

We've only cruised NCL and love it but I think I will send a suggestion letter to NCL about their reservation policy. I think it needs to be tweaked just a little!

All in all NCL will still get my business!

I thoroughly enjoyed the 11/05/06 Jewel cruise. I like the several story atrium on the Dawn with the glass elevators but the fact that the Jewel had only a 2 story atrium did not affect my enjoyment of the cruise. If a rock climbing wall and mini putt were important to me, I would check on that before booking the cruise. I don't expect all ships to be the same. I know what I pay for NCL cruises and I don't expect 5 star food. I do expect delicious food and that is what I find more often in the buffet than in the restaurants. In the buffet, the stir fry station, the pasta station, the waffle station, the omelet station, the cappucino machines, the soft serve icecream machines, the croissants, the mahi mahi, the carving station with the veal leg and jerk pork etc..., of course the bread and rolls, the fruit, the salad bar, the chicken, the steaks, the indian vegetarian selections and a lot of other stuff were excellent.

I also enjoyed the all you can eat sushi at lunch in Chin Chin. Many others did too as the sushi bar was full to capacity. very good!

If you want a chair by the pool you need to get out there early. I am a serious sun worshipper so that is not a problem for me. As far as shade, there's plenty poolside at the tables.

Hey Fran - Hey Susan!

I have to agree with Utefan when it comes to reservations. I tried to make reservations on Tuesday for Mama Mia's and was told they were booked every night!

It is not freestyle if you cannot eat where you want when you want. I can understand having to wait for a table (like any restaurant you would eat at) but it was very disappointing to not be able to get a reservation for the entire cruise @ Mama Mia's.

As others have suggested, I think they should leave a certain number of tables for walkins or for people making reservations the day of that dining experience.

We didn't have a reservation but we were able to eat at Teppanyaki 2x (one time they had a cancellation) and we ate @ Chin Chin the last night @ 8:30. The other times we ate @ Tsar's or Azura.

We've only cruised NCL and love it but I think I will send a suggestion letter to NCL about their reservation policy. I think it needs to be tweaked just a little!

All in all NCL will still get my business!

NCL will always get our business too.

Erby I forgot to ask you last week. You sent an email to Bob with some email addresses and home addresses. If you still have it would you mind sending it to us again. Our got deleted....:(

Use avonlady12065@yahoo.com Thanks so much

Archived