Concierge club/service?

I agree. I'm a Diamond Member because RCI says I am. While I appreciate the kudos and discounts from RCI, I don't really give a crap. I never got a diamond pin, and don't really want one. I'm already impressed with the level of service I get. I was impressed on my very first cruise.

I've had some great experiences with other veteran cruisers. But, there have also been times I did not want to be associated with pin-wearers because they were demanding special attention.

I have to agree with the above. I have been impressed each time I have stepped aboard an RCI ship. Can't say that about other cruise lines. Friendly crew and great service has been the norm for me.

WHAT.............you get a pin when you are Diamond? The nerve............:D

I honestly never knew this.........didn't know........didn't care........and you know what........I have been treated with a lot of respect........just like I was new passenger or something.............

You want one......I'll see what I can do!!

Someone had their pin up for auction last week on EBay claiming the diamonds were real...:rolleyes:

Check out this pin with real diamonds...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTATE-10KGOLD-ROYAL-CARIBBEAN-CRUISE-LINE-DIAMOND-PIN_W0QQitemZ280049619057QQihZ018QQcategoryZ11009QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are the new pins that the crew is being given for excellence and yes, they are real diamonds.

Since I have one of the original round excellence pins that we had made into a pendant.........now, I'm on a mission to get one of these. They really are beautiful.

That's not the pin they award you for being Diamond C & A. The "free" pin you get from RCI is not marked 10K, 0r 14K and the diamond chip is that....a teeny weeny chip. I think the one for sale on eBay is one you would buy on the ship in the jewelry store.

By all means, call C&A and demand that you get that Diamond+ pin with the glass chips in it so that you will start earning some additional respect!!

OK..........I misunderstood.........I thought it was Diamond............boy, you really have to watch who is posting what around here (no not you Patti LMAO).........I'm just lowly Diamond...........:D

That's not the pin they award you for being Diamond C & A. The "free" pin you get from RCI is not marked 10K, 0r 14K and the diamond chip is that....a teeny weeny chip. I think the one for sale on eBay is one you would buy on the ship in the jewelry store.

I know thats not the same pin as C and A members get.........I have one.......

By all means, call C&A and demand that you get that Diamond+ pin with the glass chips in it so that you will start earning some additional respect!!

Respect from who?:confused::confused::confused: Fellow passengers don't care how many cruises you've been on. And I cetainly hope the crew doesn't "treat" D+ members any better than everyone else.

Respect from who?:confused::confused::confused: Fellow passengers don't care how many cruises you've been on. And I cetainly hope the crew doesn't "treat" D+ members any better than everyone else.

I agree with all you said...........most crew dont even know who the DP members are.....our seapasses still only say Diamond......only time,it said DP was on the Mariner when the LA made stickers(that said DP) to put over the word Diamond..........

DP is ok,but not really that big a deal,in my book.......

Patti and I just cruised together...............this was tongue in cheek:)

If a balcony is booked for 1 week and you are a diamond member, you get $200 off, which is a discount from the price of the cruise, and not OBC.

If both members in the same cabin are diamond members, is that $200 discount off per cabin, or is that $200 off per person.

Really dreaming if it is $200 off per person, but it is good to know.

If a balcony is booked for 1 week and you are a diamond member, you get $200 off, which is a discount from the price of the cruise, and not OBC.

If both members in the same cabin are diamond members, is that $200 discount off per cabin, or is that $200 off per person.

Really dreaming if it is $200 off per person, but it is good to know.

It´s per cabin not per person

I'm curious - what did you ask the concierge to do that s/he couldn't accommodate?

Well let me see. When we booked the cruies we requested a table for us five sisters alone since we had just experiences a close death in our family. When we boarded the ship we were at the center table in front to the grand doors. Asked the concierge to have us switched. He called back later and said he couldn't do it. We asked him to make reservations to the spa for three sisters and two hair appointments for the next day. He called back later and left a message that they couldn't accomodate us we needed to give him alternate times later in the week and he would "try" to get our appointments! Had prolems with the cleanliness of our suite so we called him. He called later the day and left a message for us to contact housekeeping!

The next day we went to see the purser's desk and the martr 'D and got a table just for us. Went to the spa and made our own reservations and called housekkeeping who returned our calls with a message that said for us to speak to our cabin steward about her cleaning of the cabin. Note to all we were in a Royal Family Suite. That was interesting. It took two days in the row of leaving post-it notes to get our cabin steward to vacumn the chairs and carpet. (The previous guest had most likely clipped all the toe nails in one of the chairs because there was numerous toe nails along the cushions) Besides the whole cabin needed a through cleaning.

We never did find out what the Concierge was able to do for us. After that we didn't bother going back to the cl. About the last day he did call and ask if we were having a good time and to remind us to return our cl keys. None of us wanted to use them so I just took them all back on my way to the pool right after that. I think he was surprised to see me so quickly!

Well, that'll help, my wife is blonde and mentally challenged and I'm just mentally challenged, so I guess we will only get $300?????:mad:

I can not believe you said that about Nancy...........I think she needs an email from me.............:p

Archived