El Nino - dry in the Northwest for 2007?

bunduo

Did anyone else see this AP article in your newspaper? The El Nino/warm water in the Pacific is expanding which, generally speaking, means dryer than normal weather for the Pacific Northwest including Alaska for 2007. Were these the same people that said we would have a higher than normal number of hurricanes this year?

Was it an El Nino year a couple of years ago when Alaska had that tremendous heat wave during the summer?

Should we give the forecast a second thought considering they have a hard time predicting the weather 2 days in advance let alone a year in advance?

I am dreaming of ten days of blue sky in June....will it remain a dream? :)

Did anyone else see this AP article in your newspaper? The El Nino/warm water in the Pacific is expanding which, generally speaking, means dryer than normal weather for the Pacific Northwest including Alaska for 2007. Were these the same people that said we would have a higher than normal number of hurricanes this year?

Was it an El Nino year a couple of years ago when Alaska had that tremendous heat wave during the summer?

Should we give the forecast a second thought considering they have a hard time predicting the weather 2 days in advance let alone a year in advance?

I am dreaming of ten days of blue sky in June....will it remain a dream? :)

Can you provide a link?

I read about the upcoming El Nino season, and I can tell you it certainly has not arrived yet. When we get an El Nino in the Pacific Northwest, we are usually drier and warmer than usual. October fit the pattern, but November has been one big rainstorm. A forecaster announced yesterday that tomorrow's storm (the 15th) should break the alltime monthly total for November.

Either the weatherman is "all wet" or it's late arriving. Also, if I read the article correctly, it was not supposed to last until next summer. Just pack for any type of weather, realize you can purchase clothes there if needed, and have a good time.

Archived