San Diego To Ensenada Mexico

KirstyGee1978

Hi there

I wonder if someone can help?

There is a cruise next year with Royal Caribbean and it leaves from Ensenada in Mexico, I have tried to price flights through expedia but I can get a flight into Ensenada, the more I researched it I found out it was a military airport. So we thought it would be better staying in San Diego the night before as it says its about 90 miles away.

I then wondered how can we get from San Diego to Ensenada and whats the process at the border?

I looked into a tour company called http://www.efivestartours.com/

There website say the cost is San Diego County à Ensenada, MX Cruise Terminal $65/person (min 4 pax)

Has anyone heard of this company and would they recommend using them?

When I tried to price the cruise on the Royal Caribbean website they offer transfers there was about 4 options and it was confusing.

We are both from the UK, would that make a difference at the border?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

Definately book your transfer from SAN airport to the ship through the cruise line. They pick you up at the airport, take care of checking your bags, etc. It is 90 miles, and you cannot take a rental car across the border. They will be much more reliable as they used chartered buses and there is no chance you will miss the ship.

This is why we NEVER use RCI to Hawaii RT. All other cruise lines (HAL, Princess, Celebrity) avoid having to do this by making a brief Ensenada stop only, and then returning to the port of origin (LA or San Diego)

Splinter, RCCL doesn't start their roundtrip cruises to Hawaii in Ensenada anymore. The roundtrip cruises they have on the Radiance and the Serenade start and end in either LA or San Diego making only a brief stop in Ensenada. I suspect the OP is on the one-way repositioning cruise on the Rhapsody of the Seas next year, which because it is one way HAS to start in Ensenada.

• 2 weeks later...
For this trip it is wiser and better to go with cruiseline transfers. Have your passport ready when you get to the boarder along with your cruise docs.

I agree, this is one time the best choice is to book the transfer through the cruise line. I live in Los Angeles and if I were on your cruise I would book the transfer from the airport through the cruise line, then just drive to the airport.

Did this a few years ago on NCL. The transfers throught the cruise line were very expensive something like $150 each. We looked into taking a bus but were able to talk a friend into driving us down:) We dropped our bags at the pier and went to do a bit of shopping. When we got back there was a good line up to get on the ship as they were doing customs check (which I guess they only did once in awhile) Anyways the people that took the cruise ship transfers had to stay on there busses for a couple of hours (some not to happy people thats for sure) It worked out great for us but if we were to do it again and couldn't talk our friend into taking us down I would take the cruise transfers just for the lack of stress:)

Archived