Alaska on Ryndam???

waunabcruizin

Hello - Newbies here. We are thinking about booking the Ryndam to Alaska on 09/02/07 and would appreciate any insights, information, comments on both HAL in general and the Ryndam in particular. What can we expect to experience on Ryndam to Alaska? Also, does anyone have any comments on the category HH obstructed view cabins on Lower Promenade? Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Carol (and Linda).

I love the Ryndam...being a smaller ship makes you feel really close to the scenery.:)

Generally an HH will have view at an angle,but not staight ahead. I had a similar cabin on the Zaandam. The key is to avoid the 1st 4 cabins...HH300,302,303,301. The rest should have angle views fore and aft.

The HH also have wonderful access to the promenade deck....great to get outside quickly especially when whales are sighted! :)

• 2 years later...
Can anyone tell me if you can see anything out of HH300 cabin on Ryndam? Thanks.
That's deep in the "tunnel" across the front end, and I doubt very much that it would get any view but steel walls.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin on the Veendam?
We were in DD394 on the Statendam, and based on that I can tell you that you will be able to see water by looking 45 degrees or more to the right. We could see straight out.

Has anyone stayed in this cabin on the Veendam?

Just curious because that's where we've been placed (so far).

Thanks,

Rene

Veendam 08/10/09 #18 Cruisetour

Yes, that's the cabin we had on our July 2008 Alaska cruise on the Veendam. I loved the location - close to the doors to the outside deck and just a few flights from the dining room! We could see very well out our window when looking at a slight angle, and I would definitely book an HH cabin on HAL again.

Hello - Newbies here. We are thinking about booking the Ryndam to Alaska on 09/02/07 and would appreciate any insights, information, comments on both HAL in general and the Ryndam in particular. What can we expect to experience on Ryndam to Alaska? Also, does anyone have any comments on the category HH obstructed view cabins on Lower Promenade? Any comments or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Carol (and Linda).

We sailed on the Ryndam to Alaska in May/05 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We felt that just about everything was 1rst class all the way. The food was incredible! The day they put out all the desserts was really fun ;). You could really pig out on all that.

We had a balcony room and can't remember enough about the placement of the cabins to answer your question. What we really liked was the fact the Ryndam is a smaller ship and less people. The ship was fully booked but we never felt crowded anywhere. Well, the line at the dessert thing was long, but worth it.

Overall, we felt like royalty but then, we are but plain farm folk. :)

SM

Archived