Victoria at night

quiller7

hi

we will be in Victoria 6p-12m on 6/16/07. is there anything to do besides eating and shopping during those hours. how much daylight will there be at that time. thanks

What ship are you on?

We are there on the Oosterdam calling at that port on 6/1/07 at those same hours. My question is the same thing...though assuming there is a long day of light into the night hours, as it is only a few weeks before the equinox (longest day of the year) and of course magnified by the Northern latitudes.

I am also pondering what plan for that evening, as that is the actual day of our anniversary, which is the last night of our cruise and having to pack up for the am trip off the ship...sigh.... :(

The ship is offering a pub crawl...a wine tour...a horse drawn carriage tour...and the garden thing. Not sure what to do yet...or just do our own tour. The possibilites are endless!! :)

Cheers! :)

hi

we will be in Victoria 6p-12m on 6/16/07. is there anything to do besides eating and shopping during those hours. how much daylight will there be at that time. thanks

The following cruisetips, written by my wife Therese, should answer your question:

http://www.wattsphoto.com/gallery/Gal_Victoria/cruisetips.htm

What ship are you on?

We are there on the Oosterdam calling at that port on 6/1/07 at those same hours. My question is the same thing...though assuming there is a long day of light into the night hours, as it is only a few weeks before the equinox (longest day of the year) and of course magnified by the Northern latitudes.

I am also pondering what plan for that evening, as that is the actual day of our anniversary, which is the last night of our cruise and having to pack up for the am trip off the ship...sigh.... :(

The ship is offering a pub crawl...a wine tour...a horse drawn carriage tour...and the garden thing. Not sure what to do yet...or just do our own tour. The possibilites are endless!! :)

Cheers! :)

we are on the norwegian pearl 0n 6/17. either way have a happy anniversary

The following cruisetips, written by my wife Therese, should answer your question:

http://www.wattsphoto.com/gallery/Gal_Victoria/cruisetips.htm

thanks for the info but i'm still not clear what kind of evening activities are available outside of the pub crawl mentioned above. can always live with that if necessary.

do they do night walking tours. we went on a jack the ripper walking tour one evening in london which i enjoyed.

I'm not sure about the tours and stuff for the night arrivals but...

at that time of the year you will get daylight around to about 9:30 PM and it's not like in the south when the sun goes down it's not really dark... you get some twilight to operate with after that for a while.

In Alaska at that time of course you will get more light than that.

...at that time of the year you will get daylight around to about 9:30 PM and it's not like in the south when the sun goes down it's not really dark... you get some twilight to operate with after that for a while.

Yep - remember, you're 5 days short of the longest day of the year. It's absolutely beautiful in the evening. The Inner Harbour is spectacular. You'll have a great time.

~Karen

the whole habor area is full of street entertainers..all types. fun to walk around and watch. different type of restaurants and shops then any other port. see the gardens if you have time. we were there too late in the seasona and it was dark when we were there.

Archived