Gold Cards

Hot Hockett

Precisely-even a free glass of Coke or something. But then you'll get the cruisers complaining that 'they don't drink Coke' and you're back to the drawing board again.

All I know is this: Our next cruise will be with RCCI. And the next cruise after that will be my wedding cruise. :) We have an equal number of guests who have cruised before (majority with RCCI but some Carnival) and not cruised before. Seeing how the majority of them would be past guests with RCCI, we'd be more inclined to book the wedding cruise with RCCI and could then use our past guest credits.

Prices are around the same for both cruiselines for our wedding - the only thing that has me concerned is that in comparison shopping, we've found RCCI staterooms to be more expensive, giving an edge here to Carnival while we consider the affordability factor for guests. We'd rather have consistantly lower prices than being able to catch a cheap cruise here and there with RCCI. If Carnival had a better past guest package, we'd be gung-ho all the way to sail with Carnival.

The difference between Carnival is you get the "gold" card on your second trip. I believe you don't get anything from RCCL until you're on your 5th cruise with them.

In addition to the past guest party, we got 2 nice Carnival beach bags, 4 Carnival ball caps, 4 Carnival Fun Ship t-shirts, some Carnival ink pens, and a deck of cards.
What!!!!!! No Partridge in a Pear Tree ????????????????

you shld have gotten a gold one on your second cruise. you shld certainly get one this time.

Remember that my other Carnival cruises were in 2003 and 2004 which was before they started using the gold cards.

The difference between Carnival is you get the "gold" card on your second trip. I believe you don't get anything from RCCL until you're on your 5th cruise with them.

It's printed on the bottom of your RCCL card 'GOLD MEMBER' for your 2-5th cruise.

In addition to the past guest party, we got 2 nice Carnival beach bags, 4 Carnival ball caps, 4 Carnival Fun Ship t-shirts, some Carnival ink pens, and a deck of cards.

Don't forget about the ship pin! :D *flashes collection of Carnival ship pins*

Archived