Gold Cards

Hot Hockett

Alright, so I've seen the thread before long long ago and cannot find it now. IT really didn't bother me because I wasn't a gold card holder then, but I am now. So, I'm curious, what does the gold card even do. I know it says i've been on multiple cruises, but anything else. The platinum card has a bunch of sweet benefits, but what about the gold, because i love gooooooooooold

sorry... double post.

Now that I'm thinking of it, the gold card did help my dad once. We wanted to change our dinner time and table to be with our friends, and while in line to see the maitre d, a lady with alot of kids came out saying they couldn't get their time earlier. my dad said that it was probably because the kids needed to go to bed earlier. anyway, they went in and flashed the gold card and said why yes we can change it immediately

that's the only perk i've seen

In addition to the past guest party, we got 2 nice Carnival beach bags, 4 Carnival ball caps, 4 Carnival Fun Ship t-shirts, some Carnival ink pens, and a deck of cards.

Tim, that sounds like the perks for either Platinum or being on an official past guest cruise?? There are no perks for gold...

HH, I doubt it was the gold card that did that... the gold card only means you've been on 2 or more Carnival cruises... now, he may have thought it was platinum, in that case, he definitely would have done what he could as I believe platinum gets you preferred dining time/seating...

Tim, that sounds like the perks for either Platinum or being on an official past guest cruise?? There are no perks for gold...

HH, I doubt it was the gold card that did that... the gold card only means you've been on 2 or more Carnival cruises... now, he may have thought it was platinum, in that case, he definitely would have done what he could as I believe platinum gets you preferred dining time/seating...

Good point Chris, I didn't even think about that. I didn't realize it at the time I booked, but our cruise was an official past guest cruise. In fact, at the past guest party, I think they announced that either 1600 or 1800 of the PAX were return Carnival cruisers. I remember it was a huge percentage of the total.

this will be our 4th cruise. will we have a gold card??:confused: our lasrt cruise we were given a regular s&s card. we have been invited to the past 2 past guest parties, but that is about it:(

They started the gold card about 2 year ago, so if your cruised within the last 2 years, you should have gotten one, if not you will get one on your next cruise.

I think it's slightly more recent than that, but I was wondering the same thing.

We didn't get a Gold card on our Elation sailing (03/05), but we did get one on the Libery (01/06). Didn't even get a 'Welcome Back', lol. ;)

Carnival really does need to step up to the plate in regards to past guest benefits. Maybe the introduction of the cards will be a step towards establishing this. :confused:

I think it's slightly more recent than that, but I was wondering the same thing.

We didn't get a Gold card on our Elation sailing (03/05), but we did get one on the Libery (01/06). Didn't even get a 'Welcome Back', lol. ;)

Carnival really does need to step up to the plate in regards to past guest benefits. Maybe the introduction of the cards will be a step towards establishing this. :confused:

I agree, i think we should get some kind of something special as we work our way up to the platinum card.

I just checked my old S&S cards and i got my first gold card on 7/05 Destiny cruise so it must have started very shortly before that.

Precisely-even a free glass of Coke or something. But then you'll get the cruisers complaining that 'they don't drink Coke' and you're back to the drawing board again.

All I know is this: Our next cruise will be with RCCI. And the next cruise after that will be my wedding cruise. :) We have an equal number of guests who have cruised before (majority with RCCI but some Carnival) and not cruised before. Seeing how the majority of them would be past guests with RCCI, we'd be more inclined to book the wedding cruise with RCCI and could then use our past guest credits.

Prices are around the same for both cruiselines for our wedding - the only thing that has me concerned is that in comparison shopping, we've found RCCI staterooms to be more expensive, giving an edge here to Carnival while we consider the affordability factor for guests. We'd rather have consistantly lower prices than being able to catch a cheap cruise here and there with RCCI. If Carnival had a better past guest package, we'd be gung-ho all the way to sail with Carnival.

Yeah, I think the Gold cards are worthless. I think that the red, white and blue card should be for the 1st 4 cruised and then the gold card be given for the 5th through 9th cruise and then the Platinum on the 10 cruise. And yes the gold card should have some benefits, what I'm not sure.

I had to go on 3 Carnival cruises to get my "gold" card. My first cruise with them was for my honeymoon and all my docs were in my maiden name....My husband thought he was so special because he got a gold card and I didn't.. This was in 8-05 for those of you trying to figure out when they started this....

• 2 weeks later...

The roll out for the gold cards started 2 years ago, but took almost a full year to get rolling on all the ships. We had friends that got gold cards in March of 05 with us on the Paradise, but when they went on a cruise in the fall that we didnt go on (cant remember ship) the cards were red white and blue.

The same thing happened with the roll out of the platinum cards. They took a while to hit all the ships as well.

I was told by the M'D no table changes were available, then he asked for my card and an hour later my table was changed.

Sometimes when I had to show my card I got some smiles and raised eyebrows! When I finally asked a crew member, I was told it was for past cruisers so I'm hoping those raised eyebrows were because of that!

I have cruised with Carnival twice before. The 1st time was my first cruise on the Imagination in January 2003 and the 2nd time was my 3rd cruise on the Victory in April 2004. Will I get a "gold card" when I sail on the Legend in 10 days? I think that would be so cool!! :D If they don't give me one at embarkation, can I go to the purser's desk once onboard and ask for one?

I have cruised with Carnival twice before. The 1st time was my first cruise on the Imagination in January 2003 and the 2nd time was my 3rd cruise on the Victory in April 2004. Will I get a "gold card" when I sail on the Legend in 10 days? I think that would be so cool!! :D If they don't give me one at embarkation, can I go to the purser's desk once onboard and ask for one?

did you book the legend w/ your past guest #? if not, call them right away and have them put it on your booking. also, have them link your 2003 cruise to your cruise history so bothcruises will count toward your platinum status. from hereonin, always book with, provide or link your PG# to your bookings. have fun on legend!

did you book the legend w/ your past guest #? if not, call them right away and have them put it on your booking. also, have them link your 2003 cruise to your cruise history so both cruises will count toward your platinum status. from hereonin, always book with, provide or link your PG# to your bookings. have fun on legend!

Yes, I did book the Legend with my past guest number. I checked the Carnival website under "My Profile - Cruise History" and they had both my cruise on the Imagination and on the Victory. I just booked on the Conquest for 2008 (a CC Group cruise) and booked that one with my past guest number as well. I just want to know if I will get a "Gold Card" when I go on the Legend. Do you only get a "Gold Card" if you have platinum status? I probably don't have enough cruises for that.

Don't worry, I will have fun on the Legend!! :D

I just want to know if I will get a "Gold Card" when I go on the Legend. Do you only get a "Gold Card" if you have platinum status? I probably don't have enough cruises for that.

you shld have gotten a gold one on your second cruise. you shld certainly get one this time.

Archived