Celebration or Sensation?

chrisp83

Hello everyone!

My wife and I recently returned from the Celebration, which was our first cruise. We both enjoyed the celebration and are considering going back on it or the Sensation.

We were told that due to the size of the Celebration it is great for a first time cruise and the atmosphere is excellent, which I cant agree with more.

With this being said we are ready to travel again and are wondering if we should attempt the Sensation or stick with the Celebration.

Both of these ships are very resonable priced and close to home.

The time frame that we are looking to go is early Feb of 07.

Thank you for your time,

Chris & Emily

We did the Sensation on Nov. 5. Had a wonderful time. The food was excellent. This is by no means a huge ship but the food was wonderful and there was plenty to do. Choose your cruise based on where the ship is going. We are leaving tomorrow on the Fascination out of Miami due to the fact that they visit Key West. We've been to Nassau 2 times already this year and didn't want to go there again.

Happy Sailing;)

I agree with the advice to choose your destination rather than choosing the ship.

We were on the Miracle last month and totally enjoyed the ship but we were not thrilled with the exotic Western Caribbean destinations.

Our next cruise will be on the Celebration (Feb. 07--Key West and Bahamas) and we know that, while the ship is smaller, we will enjoy the itinerary.

If you sail on the Sensation, you have a little different experience awaiting you. The atrium!! Personally, the atrium adds a little "extra" cruise feeling. (maybe because that is what you see in all the ads)

I agree the Sensation is a good balance between not to small but not to large.

Which ever you chooose...have a wonderful cruise!

Thank all of you whom have replied.

We are calling monday to book either of them, waiting on my wife to decide!

Do any of you know what the guideline is to reserve one? Full payment up front or partial deposit?

We waited until the last minute to purchase our first one and saved over $250.00 in doing so.

Any input?

Emily & Chris

I also look carefully at where the ship is going when I choose a cruise, but I want to add a word of caution about this. While it doesn't happen often, we should all keep in mind that sometimes a ship will not be able to visit a scheduled port of call for a variety of reasons. In 5 cruises for me this has happened only one time and I feel fortunate in that. One often reads (on many different cruise-related message boards) about ports that people really had their heart set on getting cancelled or changed to some other one. Just a thought to keep in mind. :)

Archived