Maybe it would be better if NO reservations were allowed?

maja651

Perhaps this is an example of why they underbook restaurants. Maybe if people honoured the time for which they made their reservation (for example showing up at 5:30 for a 5:30 reservation instead of showing up late because you weren't happy with the time they gave you) they would be able to seat a few more parties per restaurant each night.

We were on Spirit 19 Nov cruise from NY

Your point is well made.

At Cagneys, 3 couples were late for dinner and were not happy at having to wait few minutes night we were there. They were miserable to staff!!!

La Trattoria, on another evening around 815 we arrived and there were 5 other couples with no res,their dinner slots were full but manager said give us few minutes and all were seated within 12 mins (they had to reset sev tables)A Couple arrived an Hour after res time and put up real scene as they didnt want to wait few mins, we had gotten their table!!!!!!! They stormed of after scene. The restaurant was short 2 staff ,but the manager was able to accomodate 6 couples with no res on night they were heavily booked, he was really excellent even reset 2 tables himself to get everyone seated.

We have been on NCL 9 times now. Freestyle is much better than assigned seating. IMHO!

This cruise had more Miserable passengers than usual. Their interactions with crew were study in how not to behave on cruise. Lot of bitching about Freestyle, and how its better on other ships with assigned seating. I'm afraid I got fed up with hearing this for 10 mins on one occasion and mentioned to individual that if they didnt like idea why had they gotten travel agent to book them in first place!!!!!!!? END of bitching session was result!

Still enjoyed cruise but Im surprised how staff manage to cope with many of passengers.

Robert

Strictly my opinion:

I like having some sort of "time" attached to making reservations at the specialty restaurants - for example - allowing people to only make reservations 48 hours in advance. Allowing people to make all their "specialty" restaurants at the beginning of the cruise is a bit unfair to those, who (say due to flights) etc arrive later. I do think because of their small size, reservations are pretty much essential even for small groups in the 'specialty' restaurants.

Also frankly, I would be annoyed if NCL started taking reservations for groups of 4 or less in the dining rooms. Unlike in the "specialty" restaurants where "no shows" are charged, I think this would encourage some idiots to book a whole week at say 7PM but only turn up certain nights - leaving tables reserved that other people could be using. I can understand why larger groups want (and should be able to get) reservations - it is much harder to seat them expeditiously than it is to seat a couple or 4 people.

Note the above is must my opinion and I really doubt that everyone will agree with me - which is perfectly OK.

Archived