My thong shoes hurt

zcat

Bought real nice thong shoes but the skin between my big toe and the next one got rubbed raw. The "thong" part is glitter on the edges and is scratchy. I know there must be an answer to my problem as what to do or put between my toes. Is there something I can buy to protect my toes? Thanks for any and all help. Judy

It's hard to say without seeing the shoes, but could you "sand" down the glitter a bit on the sides of the thong part with an emery board or some fine sandpaper? How about coating it with several coats of clear nail polish?

;) Try getting some moleskin.... it's this soft felt-like stuff that is adhesive on one side. I take it in my travel bag everywhere and it has succesfully saved me from shoes that rub, and even a slight allergy to the metal on the back of my jeans button. Just cut off a piece (it comes in a rectangular sheet, and stick it between your toes. It is biege-flesh toned, so it doesn't stand out much. You should be able to get some at your grocery store near where they sell the Dr. Scholl's insoles and stuff like that.

Hope this helps!

I just put some moleskin on 2 pairs of my flip-flop type sandals that rub my feet. It's great because you can cut it to the size you need and it's really soft. I put it on any shoe that rubs my feet and it helps every time.

I have bought it at Walgreen's and Target before.

I know it sounds funny but it worked for my shoes! I had some of the round tube type ring sizers that i bought for a couple of bucks at wal-mart. I slipped one over the thong part that fits between my toes and said good bye to the blisters.

Used the mole skin on my toes - it rolled up. Will try it on the thong. The ring liner sounds good and while I thought about that I thought of a soft flex plastic tubing that I can split. I knew I could count on you all thank you. I got the the shoes from Nordstrom as a last resort I can take them back. Judy

JanetMarie,

No need to miss out on beautiful thong-style sandals. Buy well made ones, there's a real difference in the comfort level. Soft leather or fabric should be against your skin. Nothing should scratch.

Ones that are not well made put no consideration on the comfort of the wearer - seams that touch the surface of the skin,(instead of facing out away from the foot) glitter that extends to the part between the toes (as is the problem here) or using scratchy nylon thread are typical of the problems you'll find.

Also key is the fit. Too loose or too tight will make them difficult to wear in comfort.

For the person here with the scratchy thongs, I would also suggest moleskin as the best solution. It's soft, sticky and often can be found in flesh tone so it won't look so obvious wrapped around your sandal and hopefully will blend in with your skin tone.

Archived