See Miami Beach before getting on ship?

sblois

We'll be arriving in Miami the night before our cruise so we can get up early and check out South Beach before we get on the ship. Has anyone done this? I don't know which hotel we're staying in yet because we booked our flights through Carnival and haven't rec'd our docs yet.

Any recommendations on how to get from downtown Miami to South Beach? There will be 4 adults. I thought we could just have a cab drop us off to wander for a bit and then catch another cab back around lunchtime to check out and head to the ship.

Any advice? Any must sees in Miami?

We'll be arriving in Miami the night before our cruise so we can get up early and check out South Beach before we get on the ship. Has anyone done this? I don't know which hotel we're staying in yet because we booked our flights through Carnival and haven't rec'd our docs yet.

Any recommendations on how to get from downtown Miami to South Beach? There will be 4 adults. I thought we could just have a cab drop us off to wander for a bit and then catch another cab back around lunchtime to check out and head to the ship.

Any advice? Any must sees in Miami?

You could probably catch breakfast at The News Cafe on Ocean Drive but otherwise, nothing will be open and few people will be stirring so early in the morning.

This is exactly what we did pre-cruise. About 8-9 a.m. we took a taxi to the News Cafe on Ocean Drive for breakfast ($25 taxi fare 4 people). We had a great breakfast, walked across the street for a view of the beach and photo opportunities. We returned to the main street and hailed a cab back to the Intercontinental Hotel near Bayside ($25taxi). Once we got our luggage, it was off in a taxi to the port ($8).

Bon Voyage

Archived