How much are spa treatments?

ravenchic

Does anyone have a list or have you ever seen a list of spa services and prices posted here (esp. for Navigator)? I know a 60- minute massage 2 years ago was $120.00 or so. Just curious if I can hold off on the manicure and pedicure til our day at sea rather than rushing around at home to get it done.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have a list of prices, but I've seen them somewhere on this site!!! But, you can get some discounts on port days--hubby had a massage and it was more than 1/2 off that day!

Personally, I think the spa offerings are way overpriced on the ship. I'd opt for the manicure/pedicure at home, and save the money for more drinks!!!!!

LOLOLOL

120.00 for a 60 min massage...LOL..oh wait plus a tip..lol...at least 20.00 tip..thats 140.00 for ONE MASSAGE..OMG

Im sure whatever you will be booking you will be paying way too much.

MY ESTIMATED PRICE LIST....

WASH AND SHAMPOO-150.00

HAIRCUT-200.00

STYLED-EXTRA 150.00

BLOW DRY-130.00

MANICURE-175.00

PEDICURE-125.00

(IF YOU WANT BOTH HANDS OR FEET DONE DOUBLE THE QUOTED PRICE)

FACIAL-185.00

HOWEVER TODAYS SPECIAL IS

ALL OF THE ABOVE FOR ONLY1500.00...WHICH IS MORE THEN IF YOU DID IT SEPRATELY...WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT NOT NOTICE..

ABOVE PRICES DONT INCLUDE 20% tax

AND A 45% GRATUITY WILL BE ADDED.

With all due respect, I think it's a given that the spa services are much higher than what you get locally. However, the OP seems to be looking for an actual spa menu to make that decision for themselves on whether or not they want to splurge. I don't mean to sound snobby or ugly, but some of us don't care that they are higher than a local business and are willing to pay a premium to have a massage at sea.

OP - I haven't done a complete search yet. My guess a regular swedish massage is going to run $160-$200 plus gratuity. I've paid around $200+ for treatments other than basic swedish while in vacation including our cruise in June & October. Pedicure is probably going to run $65-$85 plus tip. They have options on pedicures - the more you add on, the more it drives the cost up such as mud wraps, scrubs, etc.

What ship are you sailing? It might help narrow down the search.

The email I received last wk for our Brilliance cruise shows a 50 min. massage at $109, Deep tissue, $116, Absolute Face & Body which is a massage, scalp massage and facial and lasts 1hr and 45 min. is $176. The mani is $44 and pedi is $61. The massage rates are a little higher than here in town but the mani/pedi is more than double our cost. I always do the mani/pedi the day before we cruise and buy a bottle of the polish to take with me. Hope this helps a little.

A short while back there was a great post by Katrina she included tons of pictures and scanned documents. It is by far one of the best posts for obtaining information that I have read here. One of the documents was the spa prices. Since she previouly posted it here publicly I hope it is ok to provide the link again.

http://cafekarina.org/explorer/scans/misc/pages/spa.htm

When we were on Mariner in 2005, a couple of the massage therapists set up tables around the pool for trial massages. They charged $1 per min. The young man who did mine was fantastic! I had never seen them do this before so I don't know if it is now a common practice but it was worth the money.

Well, their prices are either the same or a bit cheaper than what I paid on DCL. Oh, goody! :D I guess that means I get to do a little bit more than before with all things being equal. ;)

Thanks for the link, too! That was very helpful.

On the Explorer in June, I remember looking at the price list and thinking it wasn't that much higher priced than the day spas and spa resorts down on the Connecticut coastline -- which tended to be 50-100% higher than the people I use locally. I mean, I'm lucky enough to have a local massage therapist who only charges $55 for a full hour! and most of the fancy places in CT charge at least $100 if not $125 for 50 minutes.... and the pedi prices were usually close to double the local rates, but to be honest, I usually got a better service as well; at one day spa I went to, they brought you a glass of wine or mineral water while they were doing your pedi, and the person doing mine also knew reflexology and did some of that in addition to a foot and lower leg massage... more expensive than the local place, but worth every penny! (not to mention she focused on me while she was doing it instead of chattering to the technician next to her in some foreign language, as I've found at some of the local places)

We had a massage-for-two done at the spa at Divi Little Bay resort in St Maarten, and it was a good service for a pretty reasonable price - I think it came out to just a little over $200 for the two of us, including tip, for an hour massage in a room overlooking the sea.

Archived