$$$CELL PHONES are a GO on ALL PRINCESS SHIPS Sarting TODAY, WOW!$$$

JotWorld

Enough with the arguing already--can't we just agree to disagree on whether using a cell phone while on a cruise is necessary/useful/rude/criminal/etc.?

MY question is how to convince my teenage DD NOT to use her cell phone while on the Golden the week after next... I've told her that service will be available but will be expensive so she can't use it, but does this mean her phone has to stay turned off for the whole cruise? I'm more worried about her friends calling/texting her than the other way around...

I'll call Cingular to check on this tomorrow, but just wanted to see if anyone else has had any experience with teens & cell phones on ship (and move this discussion away from the pointlessly argumentative turn it seems to have taken...) Does anyone know if/what the roaming charge for text messages is?

Are you the parent or not? If you are the solution is simple: The phone is either off or at home and off.

How hard is that? :eek:

And when he tells you he is a cardiologist doing a consult with his colleague? :eek:

If someone is inconsiderate, they'll be inconsiderate regardless of whether they hold the magic wand or magic cellphone.

If his colleague is too stupid to figure out the problem I don't want him working on my heart!

If this guy is so important that he has to be called for help then he should set up times to check in from his cabin. You know, that place where the phone is located?

I'm buying a zapper and I promise I will only use it with the same consideration those with cell phones are using their phones. In a perfect world I'll never use it. :rolleyes:

I really am getting an inferiority complex. I am so unimportant in the world that DW and I actually go away for weeks without talking to anyone on the phone (if they have something to say I tell em to send an e-mail). We are always so envious of those folks that have such a high level of importance that they cannot exist for 5 minutes (much less a few days) without talking on their cell phones. In my next life I hope to be that important. By the way, the comment about flying to avoid cell phones is no longer true. Some airlines have already started allowing the use of cell phones on planes.

Hank

LOL Hlitner, my thoughts exactly.

As others have frequently mentioned, there are several accomodations for already in place for emergencies; email, phone in cabins. I want to mention also that loved ones can even email the ship and have a message delivered to ones cabin at no charge. Recipients can then communicate back using the most practical method, for instance calling in port if cost is a concern. I rely on email myself.

LOL Hlitner, my thoughts exactly.

As others have frequently mentioned, there are several accomodations for already in place for emergencies; email, phone in cabins. I want to mention also that loved ones can even email the ship and have a message delivered to ones cabin at no charge. Recipients can then communicate back using the most practical method, for instance calling in port if cost is a concern. I rely on email myself.

I wouldn't cout on the e-mail entirely. When we were in Alaska on the Dawn Princess my MIL died and the family sent e-mails to be delivered and also tried contacting the ship directly and were unable to make contact with us. We found out when the ship docked in Vancouver and we called home on our cell phone.

Archived