Mazatlan - Randi's Happy Horses

D4

We were on the 7/11/04 Legend of the Seas. I want to thank all of you for your reviews and Q&As on Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan.

My girls (16 & 19) and I rode with Randi's Happy Horses. It was as fabulous as all of you described. It was the highlight of our trip. We had not ridden horses before, but as Randi said, it didn't matter because her horses knew what to do. Some other riders cancelled out, so it was just the 3 of us. Antonio was going to be our guide, but when Randi found out we like to speak Spanish, she had his sister "the lovely Maria" go along because she is learning English. My 19 year old is in college to be a Spanish teacher, my 16 year old has it in high school, and I remember quite a bit from high school and college. It was great that Maria went with because she rode with me at a slower pace than my kids and Antonio. We had fun speaking Spanish as we rode and Maria practiced English. (Antonio speaks English very well.) We rode through a palm tree grove and then on the beach. The horses were well taken care of and they were the friendliest people you could ever hope to meet. Lunch at Victor's was great.

We also rode with Randi last week during Carnival Pride cruise. What a great experience! None of my family had been on a horse before and I hadn't ridden in at least 30 years. My 13 DS loved taking off with his horse Pony. My horse was slow but that was ok with me. Maria stayed with me most of the time to be sure I wan't left behind.

The food at Victors is great!

Elise

To SoccerMom and all the Pride passengers last week: Thanks for sharing Cabo San Lucas with our ship on Friday. We were there Tuesday, but tropical storm Blas closed the port so we had to pass it by.

I just thought both Legend of the Sea and Pride were always in Cabo on Fridays. We were sailing to Puerta Vallarta that Tuesday and boy was it an adventure. Many people were sick, including my son. That was some storm, wasn't it?

That was a wild storm. I'm sorry your son was sick. Our family was lucky and felt fine, but a lot of passengers AND crew were seasick that day.

The Legend of the Seas had airplane style vomit bags opened and inserted in the stair hand rails on every landing! I've never seen that before.

Archived