One year Today - Yah!!

Hi Everyone

Just thought I would share that We only have one year today to go until we are on our next cruise!!

Very excited - especially as only 2 weeks ago we came heartbreakingly close to loosing our 14 year old son as a result of a serious motor vehicle accident he was in with his teacher and another student - we have just spent a week in Darwin Hospital - 300 kms from home but thankfully he is healing well - both physically and emotionally. As a result of the emotional rollercoaster that we have been on we gave the kids the choice of cancelling the cruise and spending Christmas 2007 with our family in QLD - as its times like this you realise just how important family is - the kids chose the cruise - so it is a year today until we board the amazing Pacific Sun for 9 nights cruising the South Pacific as a family.

Rach

Sorry to hear about your son Rach and glad to hear he is doing well. Having kids around that age myself, I can (kind of) imagine how terrifying it must have been for you. Is he out of hospital? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he continues to do well.

Karen

Rach,

So sorry to hear about the accident, but pleased to hear that he is recovering, and hopefully he'll be home for Christmas with you.

I'm sure the year will fly by and before you know it you will all be enjoying your cruise.

Take care & best wishes for Christmas & the New Year and for your son's speedy recovery.

Kym

Rach,

So sorry to hear of your sons accident, but glad he is recovering.

As a parent it is always on my mind when they are travelling with others, no matter who is at fault! being in the police force for a number of years and living on the dreaded Pacific Hwy I have seen many tragedies.

My 18yr old just moved to Airlie beach to work at Daydream Island and I didn't sleep till I knew he had arrived safe.

I am so glad you are continuing with your holiday plans, theres nothing like a holiday to look forward to.

Take care and have a wonderful Xmas and new Year!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, so your son has gone to work on Daydream Island hey? I love that place although I liked the old Daydream better than the new one. Not as flashy but more fun & friendly. It will be a great experience for him. What will he be doing?

Rach, forgot to say this in my earlier post but I hope the other student & teacher are also doing well.

Karen

Hi Everyone

Thanks for the good wishes - Stephen is home safe and sound - so we are looking forward to spending Christmas this year as the 4 of us - hubby, daughter, stephen and I for the first time ever!! The other student ifs also doing well - the teacher is still in Hospital in Adelaide and will be until the end of January - but he is also on the road to recovery - after all if it wasn't for him my son would not be here to celebrate christmas or to look forward to our cruise next year.

Cheryl - wow i have always wanted to go to the Whitsundays - your son is so lucky - when we decided to celebrate last year - it was a choice of a holiday in the whitsundays or a cruise - the cruise won out - but one day I 'll get there!!!

Rach

Hi Rach and Karen,

My son has just finished Year 12 and as we live in a small tourist town there isn't much opportunity for full time work. he worked at Coles part time but as soon as you turn 18 they give the younger ones more hours.

He found this job on seek.com, applied on line and was called the next day and told he had the job, when can he start!! He hasn't been assigned any special job and at the moment is driving the Golf buggy picking up the laundry from one end of the Island to the next, him and his mate are loving it!! At $17 an hour for 40 hrs a week it's alot more than he would earn here in Port. i told him he has to start at the bottom and work his way up!

I found them a cabin in for $180 a week, it's really basic, twin beds, bathroom, tv, microwave and airconditioning, there is a resort pool and spa and a restaurant and bar! There is accommodatin on the island but none is available at the moment.

Xmas will be very different this year, my eldest, Haydn in Penrith working, Torren in the Whitsundays, there will just be my hubby and I and Jade.

Life changes doesn't it? You can't wait for them to grow up and when they are gone you want them home!! No matter how old they are they are still my babies!!!

Cheryl

xxxx

Archived