Pre cruise baggage storage

HomeLover

I haven't been in this situation before. I am on the 9/14 sailing of the Emerald, leaving from Venice. I am arriving a day early, the morning of 9/13. The Emerald arrives at 10PM on 9/13. Will Princess accept my luggage early so I do not have to cart it to the hotel in Venice?

Thanks for any knowledge on the subject

I wonder if it woud be a good idea to leave your luggage - even supposedly in the care of Princess - for more than 24 hours before the ship arrives. I would be afraid the luggage would be put in some out of the way place and not be put on the ship. What a dreadful cruise with no luggage! If it were me, I'd lug it to the hotel and then later to the ship.

Has anyone ever left their luggage ahead of time as was suggested? Just curious if it is possible - I'll check back.

I wonder if it woud be a good idea to leave your luggage - even supposedly in the care of Princess - for more than 24 hours before the ship arrives. I would be afraid the luggage would be put in some out of the way place and not be put on the ship. What a dreadful cruise with no luggage! If it were me, I'd lug it to the hotel and then later to the ship.

Has anyone ever left their luggage ahead of time as was suggested? Just curious if it is possible - I'll check back.

Hi ......I don't think so but .... everything is possible I guess. My reasoning is that most ships arrive a the worst the morning of embarkation or the best the afternoon before. Most hotels will put your main luggage in lock up for early arrivals, but I would have to agree with Gloria.....I would rather have my luggage with me rather then stored at the docks ....I could see it suffering the same fate that it would if left at the Airport :eek: for 24 hours or more.

Cheers

Ken

Since you're arriving the morning of the 13th and the ship doesn't arrive until 10PM, you'd have to have your luggage with you anyway. When were you planning to check into your hotel? There's no way I would leave my luggage at a dock without my ship there. Besides, I very much doubt they'd take your luggage until they have the system in place for your sailing.

Archived