CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Dave, I'm gonna check that out! but i can't get military rate....

Here's a decent deal for single inside GTY... 4-night 4/23 Carnival Fascination. Miami to: Key West, Calica, and Day At Sea for $332.54 -- not bad!

That's about what I paid in February for the same cruise, only I did not have a GTY I got to pick my own cabin, I am doing the Key West/ Cozumel in September I paid $379 for an OV on the Empress deck using the past guest code dp3, I had gone and checked price without code and I saw $379 for a 1a upper/lower thanks to the code I am able to have an OV for the same price and on Empress deck which I loved

That's about what I paid in February for the same cruise, only I did not have a GTY I got to pick my own cabin, I am doing the Key West/ Cozumel in September I paid $379 for an OV on the Empress deck using the past guest code dp3, I had gone and checked price without code and I saw $379 for a 1a upper/lower thanks to the code I am able to have an OV for the same price and on Empress deck which I loved

That's a really good deal! Did you book thru RCCL directly? I'm a past guest... where did you get the code (I know they used to be on back of coupons in the books they used to mail) and where did you enter it?

Thanks!

Nancy

Explorer of the seas out of NJ:

My mom just reserved this yesterday as a single and I couldn't believe the price. The price on the site says $1,918.00 for 2 for a balcony. When you run through the registration, and enter 1 person, the price for E1 is: $1,162.50 for 1 person. I don't have my calculator out, but even I know that's NOT a 200% single supplement like they usually are...

This cruise is listed as one of their Hot deals:

5 Night Bermuda: 23-Sep-2007 to 28-Sep-2007

There is great single rate available for the September 16, 2007, sailing of the Adventure of the Seas, round-trip San Juan, 7 days. On the Royal Caribbean websight the best deal, as of today, appears to be Balcony Category D2, for a total of $1166.27 (supplement of 125%). Other discount websights may offer a small perk for the same price.

MITAXI - I'm very interested in knowing where you found the link for solo rates on RCCL. I 'm always monitoring RCCL's web page , as well as the Happy Hour Specials, but I've never come across a page like the one linked to in your post.

Can you tell me where you found that site and how I can look it up for myself on the Internet? Does the site update weekly like the others I mentioned?

I'm planning to start my solo cruising sometime in the near future and site you provided would definitely speed up that process!

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Cindy

MITAXI - I'm very interested in knowing where you found the link for solo rates on RCCL. I 'm always monitoring RCCL's web page , as well as the Happy Hour Specials, but I've never come across a page like the one linked to in your post.

Can you tell me where you found that site and how I can look it up for myself on the Internet? Does the site update weekly like the others I mentioned?

I'm planning to start my solo cruising sometime in the near future and site you provided would definitely speed up that process!

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Cindy

Cindy... Can't take credit except for finding it posted on the RCCL thread...first time I have found single supplement specials.. so maybe it will be the start of regular specials.

Michele

There is great single rate available for the September 16, 2007, sailing of the Adventure of the Seas, round-trip San Juan, 7 days. On the Royal Caribbean websight the best deal, as of today, appears to be Balcony Category D2, for a total of $1166.27 (supplement of 125%). Other discount websights may offer a small perk for the same price.

THANK YOU! What a terrific deal - I just took advantage of it... other singles, come sail with me!

Sure enuf got a Balcony D2 for $1166!!

Nancy

mitaxi - I did a little digging and think the webpage is one that goes out to travel agents. I opened the web page, went to the address line and took off some of the address. Then I clicked to open that address and it was travel agent stuff. I saved the link so I can refer to it in the future.

Wonder why RCCL doesn't make something like that available to those of us who choose to cruise solo? Sure would be nice...

Oh, BTW, I finally did it! I booked my first solo cruise - I'll be sailing aboard the Mariner Oct. 12, 2008 on the eastern route in a Deck 7 hump balcony cabin. I know it's a long way off, but I'm still excited nonetheless.

Cindy

mitaxi - I did a little digging and think the webpage is one that goes out to travel agents. I opened the web page, went to the address line and took off some of the address. Then I clicked to open that address and it was travel agent stuff. I saved the link so I can refer to it in the future.

Wonder why RCCL doesn't make something like that available to those of us who choose to cruise solo? Sure would be nice...

Oh, BTW, I finally did it! I booked my first solo cruise - I'll be sailing aboard the Mariner Oct. 12, 2008 on the eastern route in a Deck 7 hump balcony cabin. I know it's a long way off, but I'm still excited nonetheless.

Cindy

Cindy.....Congratulations....how exciting for you.. the time will fly by actually and the Mariner is a great ship and you have a hump cabin..:D...I acutally have been trying to find another time to sail on the mariner myself... checked and those are great prices for the week you are sailing

I would have hoped they (RCCL) would make that available on the website as I don't use a TA..just serach the site when I book.

Michele

Cindy

Hump cabin -- VERY COOL! Be sure to get to know people ahead of time by going to the Roll Call board. It's makes a solo cruise more like a 'group cruise'! You can even arrange to dine together.

You'll have a great time - congrats!

Michele and Nancy - thanks for the congrats! Each of my previous cruises has been with family members. I took my first cruise to celebrate my divorce and will continue to do so each October (or November if the price is better:) ). Even though I've always had a great time, I've gotten a little tired of missing things I really wanted to do because someone else wanted me to come along with them.

And I've gotten tired of trying to get family to make up their minds whether they're going or not or deciding what ship, what cabin, what route, etc.

I'm really looking forward to setting my own schedule, doing as little or as much as I choose. It just took a little frustration to push me into deciding that solo cruising is definitely for me!

Cindy

Michele and Nancy - thanks for the congrats! Each of my previous cruises has been with family members. I took my first cruise to celebrate my divorce and will continue to do so each October (or November if the price is better:) ). Even though I've always had a great time, I've gotten a little tired of missing things I really wanted to do because someone else wanted me to come along with them.

And I've gotten tired of trying to get family to make up their minds whether they're going or not or deciding what ship, what cabin, what route, etc.

I'm really looking forward to setting my own schedule, doing as little or as much as I choose. It just took a little frustration to push me into deciding that solo cruising is definitely for me!

Cindy

Cindy...Had to laugh when I read your post..very similar to my thoughts... my first solo cruise was last Feb...(also my divorce month..lol) Took some internal pushing and had an anxiety attack the week before..But have to say one of my best vacations. I do agree, sign up for Meet & Mingle...get involved with a thread... although, just met thru out the entire week the nicest people and also loved time on my balcony..all decisions were mine, not waiting for family etc to agree..lol

But with that said, my next cruise in september is with my sister, who is going thru a divorce.. so it will be a great trip also.. and then solo again next February.

Michele

Michele - I checked and there is already a roll call going for my Mariner cruise. I've been chatting with them for the past several days.

The cruise I'm taking in November is a reunion cruise of a group of us CC'ers who cruised together two years ago. We had a blast at our Meet & Mingle that year and expect I'll find this new roll call just as receptive...

Cindy

THANK YOU! What a terrific deal - I just took advantage of it... other singles, come sail with me!

Sure enuf got a Balcony D2 for $1166!!

Nancy

Hey Nancy,

You're welcome! I just took my own advice and booked the D2 (8540) cabin. I haven't posted on the Meet and Mingle boards yet, but, will do so soon. See you onboard! Come on everyone, Join Us!!!!:)

Jack

Hey Nancy,

You're welcome! I just took my own advice and booked the D2 (8540) cabin. I haven't posted on the Meet and Mingle boards yet, but, will do so soon. See you onboard! Come on everyone, Join Us!!!!:)

Jack

Is that forward near the elevator? I think I'm right below you (a cabin or two over ;) )

Excellent single supplement on RCCL Majesty 4 day Bahamas/Key West Dec 10-Dec 14 2007. JS is going for $870 total. Deluxe oceanview is going for $470 total. Don't know how long these rates will last. SuppIiment is about 20% for this sailing. I noticed that the 3 day cruise right before the 4 day has the standard 200% suppliment.

Is that forward near the elevator? I think I'm right below you (a cabin or two over ;) )

Hey Nancy,

Yes, 8540 is port side forward near the elevators and stairs.

I'll see you over on the Meet and Mingle Board!

Happy Sailing to Everyone!:)

Jack

Excellent single supplement on RCCL Majesty 4 day Bahamas/Key West Dec 10-Dec 14 2007. JS is going for $870 total. Deluxe oceanview is going for $470 total. Don't know how long these rates will last. SuppIiment is about 20% for this sailing. I noticed that the 3 day cruise right before the 4 day has the standard 200% suppliment.

GREAT DEAL!

Archived