Place To Stay In Seattle

funlady

We're from Washington STate! One of my all-time favorite places to stay is Inn At Harbor Steps in downtown Seattle. We stay there at least once a year. It's really not written up in very many places. I think they only have 12 or 13 rooms. A couple blocks from Pike Place; one block from the waterfront. VERY nice breakfast and appetizers and wine, tea in the afternoon (it's our dinner). It's really Seattle's best kept secret, so don't tell anybody:-) We much prefer the rooms that overlook the Harbor Steps. They have a balcony. The rooms are VERY large and sleep 4 very comfortably. Guess I try to avoid the typical hotel rooms stay now, and this place fits that perfectly. We just stayed there for 2 nights with 4 people in the room and it worked out to about $250/night (much less in the off-season). And much less if there were only 2 in the room. Do check it out. You'll be glad you did.

Caroline

Last year we stayed in the Vance Hotel the night prior to our departure, and were more than happy with it. We do not require anything more than clean and comfortable, and it was that and more. Nothing really fancy, but CLEAN. It is within about five blocks of the Pike Street Market. I don't recall what it cost us (there were three of us), but it was reasonable...

We stayed there in June for 2 nights before our cruise. It is the perfect place. Every room has a fire place, a huge bath, wonderful breakfast and nice wine and canapes included in the room charge. WE also used a car service from the airport and then to the Amtrak Station the morning we left for Vancouver. There were 8 people in our party. Those that shared a two bedded room were very impressed. The room was very large and the beds were arranged so that they were in separate alcoves. A plus is that since this is a B&B you don't pay the hotel tax just a sales tax. Our room was $185.00 per night.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be traveling home from Seattle (with a 1 day stop over). How far from the airport are the attractions everyone talks about, including a nice motel? thanks..:)

The airport is about 17-20 miles away from downtown, but about a 30 minute drive or so.

Tried priceline for the first time, and I felt like it was a disaster. I studied the websites that teach how to bid, but I'm not all that happy. We wound up at the Holiday Inn Express Seattle City Center on North Aurora Ave. I also got a rate on priceline that is only $5 less than what I could book directly on the Holiday Inn site. Anyone know about this hotel location regarding walking to Pike Market and best way to travel to the pier for Celebrity from there?

The Holiday Inn Express is located closer to the Seattle Center, you will be able to walk which is about 5 blocks. You can go outside of the hotel and catch a bus to the downtown area. Our bus system is easy to use and going dt from the hotel you can catch the number 26 or 28 which will take you along 3rd Avenue. Ask the driver to let you off near Pine or Pike Street, the Pike Place Market is on 1st and Pike. To get back to your hotel you would catch the same bus on the opposite side of the street you get off on. All of the bus stops have the number of the buses that stop there. The fare between $1.25 and $1.50 depending on the time of day. To get to the pier I would catch a taxi unless the hotel has a shuttle??

http://transit.metrokc.gov/tops/bus/bus.html

Archived