Stopping in Cartegena

Casey2

Now, as a true Princess afficiando why would you say that and have so many PRINCESS cruises booked ahead?

Ron

It's called dry humour Ron...and I know very well the Company is not stopping there if I am booked on one anyway......:rolleyes:

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

It's called dry humour Ron...and I know very well the Company is not stopping there if I am booked on one anyway......:rolleyes:

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

The problem is that certain US Government employees cannot book the cruise because Cartegena is on the hit list. Even if we are sure the ship won't stop there, Princess booking brochures and itinerary says it does.

We are booked on the Island Princess full transit for 10/07. Cartagena is one of the ports and we hope they do not change it. OP- If you type Cartagena into the search you will find several other post on this port. Some of the post suggest staying on the ship or being afraid of this city. Having lived on the Mexico boarder my whole life I could tell you horror stories of people that have visited there. It is a foreign country and as such you do not have your rights as a US citizen. If this is a concern for you then maybe you should not travel. Just food for thought, you are in more danger driving to work tomorrow than at any of these ports.

My feeling is the risk in Cartagena is low over all. Sure there are drugs and crime as there are in all big cities through out the world. Life is dangerous!

I am booked on a full Trans on Island Princess 10/07 and I am very much looking forward to Cartagena and will be greaty disapointed if the port is by-passed.

As far as crusie lines stopping in Cartagena, well what follows is a cut & Paste from a review of the Zuiderdam from a Trans-Canal cruise of 10/06 by Songhee....... clearly HAL IS currently stopping in Cartagena.

The only hiccup was Cartagena which is the most interesting city with its ancient fortifications and cathedrals. 47 buses lined up to take passengers on excursions - most of which were city tours. They all seemed to end up at the same place at the same time causing tremendous traffic jams. The tour was billed as an easy tour but hiking up the battlements of the fort and up the hill to the cathedral was quite strenuous. As usual, there wasn't enough time to explore everything you wanted to, but such is life. They always find time to deliver you to the Approved Shops which sell the same ugly tee shirts and tourist souvenirs. Columbia had the benefit of Emeralds though and many people were sporting some lovely pieces at the next formal night! Some of our fellow cruise critics hired a taxi and had the benefit of a guided tour with their private guide.

Archived