Another Booze Question

TinaJ04463

I haven't been able to keep up with airlines restrictions. What is the story now with bringing back booze on the plane? I think last time I bought the 4/$25 and it was boxed up. Will they allow that on the plane? We are now in full cruise prep mode here in ME, it's only about 10 degrees outside and I"m craving sun and fun!

TinaJ

I haven't been able to keep up with airlines restrictions. What is the story now with bringing back booze on the plane? I think last time I bought the 4/$25 and it was boxed up. Will they allow that on the plane? We are now in full cruise prep mode here in ME, it's only about 10 degrees outside and I"m craving sun and fun!

TinaJ

You can bring it as long as you're willing to check it. The 3-1-1 rule is in effect for carryons. No container larger than 3 ounces, all of your liquid containers must fit into a 1 quart clear plastic bag, and only 1 bag per person.

And yes, they do enforce it. Vigorously.

guess I won't be buying any booze on this trip then! I'm not willing to take the chance of broken bottles in my luggage, even if it is the trip home!

TinaJ

Good plan. The money you save isn't worth the risk, IMHO.

Unless, of course, it's a bottle of Sheridan's :p

If I purchase at airport, what is the best way to get a couple bottles into our cabin on the ship? (Carnival will still get their share from us at the bars!) :p

One more question: Is there anywhere to purchase liquor, wine OR beer within walking distance from the pier/port? :o

Archived