dressing for Murano

travel with kids

My husband and I will celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the 3rd night of our cruise (Feb. 19 on the Century). From recent posts it looks like our formal night will be on the 2nd night. I have looked up on the X website for proper dress at Murano (our desired choice for our special evening on the 3rd night) and this is what is stated: "Evening dress codes apply to main restaurant dining. Specialty restaurant dining, requires a jacket for gentlemen and a dress or pants and a blouse for ladies every night."

My question: How out of place would it be if my husband and I wore formal attire if everyone else is in informal wear?

Thanks.....Lee

My guess is you may be 'overdressed' compared to others dining with you particularly if there is not a requriement to wear a tie with the jacket. But you are celebrating your special ocassion and I am sure everyone will think you will both look stunning. In this dining venue I don't think I'd feel out of place even if I was dressed more formal than others, it's higher end to begin with. Congratulations!

My question: How out of place would it be if my husband and I wore formal attire if everyone else is in informal wear?

Thanks.....Lee

Hi Lee,

Another vote for you to go ahead and dress up for your special occasion. I don't think you will feel out of place in such a gracious atmosphere. I hope you have a wonderful evening!

Lisa

We went to Murano on the third night also. Dress stated for the evening was casual, but we dressed informally as requested for Murano and we didn't feel out of place anywhere we went after that. The goat cheese souffle and the 6 little desserts are not to be missed. Bon appetit!

My husband and I will celebrating our 20th Anniversary on the 3rd night of our cruise (Feb. 19 on the Century). From recent posts it looks like our formal night will be on the 2nd night. I have looked up on the X website for proper dress at Murano (our desired choice for our special evening on the 3rd night) and this is what is stated: "Evening dress codes apply to main restaurant dining. Specialty restaurant dining, requires a jacket for gentlemen and a dress or pants and a blouse for ladies every night."

Thanks.....Lee

I posted a similar question a few weeks back about required dress for the speciality restaurant and came to the conclusion that I would like to wear my new ball gown again and decided to probably attend the special restaurant on our 3rd formal night.

I am not sure however I would feel very comfortable wearing it though on say an informal night or casual night.

But thats my opinion. If I saw a couple all dressed up etc on an informal night I would think that it must be a very special occasion for them to be so dressed.

We were on Century two weeks ago and went to Murano's on a night casual night. When we made our reservation (on the ship the day we boarded) the Maitre 'd, Dominique, told us that Murano's now follows the dress code of the ship for the night. However, 95% of those dining in Murano were dressed at least in a jacket for men and a nice dress/pants outfit for ladies. In fact, I'd say more than half the men had ties on (my husband did) and the ladies were dressed in what I'd consider cocktail attire. There was one table dressed casually and if anyone was somewhat out of place, it was them. But I don't think anyone cared either way.

Murano's is more of a formal atmosphere. Your wait staff is all in tuxes. Service is somewhat formal, relaxed yet formal. You'll be fine dressing for a special occasion. We spent three hours there and I don't think we gave a second thought to what the rest of the ship was wearing as we never saw any of them that night.

Go have a fantastic anniversary! This is the perfect place to celebrate!

Archived