Att: People Who Have Booked 2007 NCL Cruises

synet165

I just had my TA call twice, and then I called NCL myself. The lady from NCL asked her supervisor, who said no the credit could not be applied on existing bookings. Then the lady called Miami to ask their help desk, and again, was informed no. I asked them why other people who had existing bookings have had these credits applied, and she said she could not answer why. She started calculating that if I canceled now, and rebooked the room, with the credit applied, then I would still be paying more. But that's not what I wanted to do - all I want is the credit to be applied.

Basically it depends on whether you can get this onboard credit. It didn't work for me. :(

Same thing happened to me!! I booked a few days before they started giving the credit and they told me i couldn't get it because i was sailing on 1/23 on the Sun and this cruise has special pricing. Even though they were offering it for the same cruise for new bookings. I was really pissed especially after people are saying they can get it. And yes i booked directly thru norweigan!

We were told by our TA we were not eligible since we got an upgrade on our rooms due to that being what was offered on the day we made reservations. If we had stayed in the lower category room it was available. Can't wait - NCL Spirit, March 24!

your ta may be mistaken, call ncl yourself and let them check, can`t hurt

I was wondering if we still qualify for a room credit if we took advantage of the 25% off a connecting suite special that they were offering in the brosure??? should I call my TA???:rolleyes:

You can only use one promo not both.

Also NCL is one company that doesn't budge and if you didn't book at the proper time than the onboard credit will not be added.

I called twice (NCL, that's who I booked through) and got two different reasons as to why I couldn't get it. I just wish they'd give us some fine print with the restrictions. That would help, and people wouldn't feel jipped that one person got what they can't get. It would help their reps, too, since I don't think they know anything about the obc special.

Apparently I got a cheap rate, so the obc doesn't apply. And my other reason was that I booked too early. Two reasons, two reps.

Still excited about going though!!!

Shay

Well turns out I have a $20 OBC on my account. I called NCL and they said it was on there. Don't know why or how it got there. So I have an oceanview but I am only getting a $20 OBC. I'm not rocking the boat!! LOL! I already got a great rate and for some reason I got an OBC. I'm happy with that.

Booohooo! I emailed my online TA and was informed that since I booked on 12/6, I was not eligible for the obc!

Of course, I was so anxious/excited to book our cruise that I didn't explore other booking options (went with online TA who showed prices online) that I didn't get any promotional deals - even though NCL was running their Happy Birthday special.

Next time, I'm checking out everything before I book! (I could have gotten "deals" from credit card and from the entertainment book).

Guess I learned a "vaulable" lesson!

(although, I am happy with our pricing from online TA! and still very excited about our cruise!)

Lisa.

booked a mini suite on the Norwegian Pearl for March/2 sailing, booked mid december and was told we would get a $100 on board credit, we already received our tickets(air and cruise ) by courier , no mention or reference on the documentation about the obc.

booked a mini suite on the Norwegian Pearl for March/2 sailing, booked mid december and was told we would get a $100 on board credit, we already received our tickets(air and cruise ) by courier , no mention or reference on the documentation about the obc.

Where on the docs will it say this? Thanks!

I phoned my TA about the OBC and he said That the bookings have to be after Dec 16, etc, etc. You need a degree to figure out all the "fine Print" but the website says: (copied from the site)

Up to $150 Free Onboard Spending Credit

Want a soothing massage? A bottle of champagne with dinner? A party sail in the Caribbean? Whatever floats your boat is on its way with the help of an Onboard Credit from us. No matter which ship you sail, or stateroom you book, you'll get $25, $50, $75, $100 or $150 credit toward your indulgence of choice.

My TA said he would check with NCL about this, but if they will give you an OBC that it will be automatically on your account or even in your cabin when you arrive. Hope this helps!

I also asked him if he could find out if our family could have our cards programed for both cabins since we didn't get an ajoining cabins (were going with the 4 kids) and would like to be able to be able to get into both. Has anyone ever asked for this?

I also asked him if he could find out if our family could have our cards programed for both cabins since we didn't get an ajoining cabins (were going with the 4 kids) and would like to be able to be able to get into both. Has anyone ever asked for this?

I've wondered about this myself. My kids are almost at the age where it would be easier to have their own cabin, but I would like access to both. Please let us know what you find out. :)

I've wondered about this myself. My kids are almost at the age where it would be easier to have their own cabin, but I would like access to both. Please let us know what you find out. :)

Just ask for an extra key card for the kids cabin:)

Just received an e-mail from my travel agent..NCL is no longer applying the onboard credit to existing bookings.

:mad:

I have a feeling that it was never meant to be so (applied to existing bookings), some people just got lucky until they discovered that that was happening ...:confused:

I found the promo two days after we booked our sailing for Jan. and called NCL to see if they would apply a credit to our account . I was informed that it didn't apply to us because we had already been given a 3 cat. upgrade. Being grateful, and fully aware that greed is ugly, I pressed a bit more and was also given a bon voyage for our second night.... I'm very grateful for their generosity and am so excited to go on board. Their online staff took the sting out of missing the credit boat.

we booked in August for March 2nd 2007 making final payment Dec 17 2006. NCL "no credit for you" TA says she would love to if she could, talked with supervisor at NCL and said the credit was new bookings only

I was hoping as I am paying for 5 and would enjoy the perk

Archived