Att: People Who Have Booked 2007 NCL Cruises

synet165

I can't find it on the NCL website. Can you direct me there so that when I call my TA I have something to refer to?

Thanks!

We missed it by a day also,Phoned our TA to see if we could get it also.Still waiting for confermation.We just got the OBC when WE booked a second room for the kids.It was posted with the online reservation.Canuks, when and where are you going?We acanuks may see you in the Carribbean.Originally from TO but now in NY.:) :)

I called my TA yesterday and asked her to check on it. I then called NCL myself today. Very nice lady, Harmony, said she could not add it but have our TA call and they could. Then had her check on some friends that are going too, they had a $25 OBC! They had originally booked an inside, but everyone in the group got upgraded to an oceanview. Anyway, called the TA and asked how she did. Said they told her we were not eligable. Asked her why our friends got it, she said it was because they booked sooner. Well, we sent our check in before they did, back in June and July. The TA said they didn't get our reservation until Sept!. I need to mention we are using a Moose Lodge member who is handling the arrangements. Obviously he didn't send our checks with the others. Anyway, she said she would get us the $25 OBC "out of her own pocket", yeah right. Needless to say I am not banking on it and I will never use them again!:mad:

I'd also like to add that you should never book a cruise by check. Always use a credit card if possible so you have some recourse if there are any problems.

Bill

Thanks for the suggestion Bill, but we did not have that option. I do the same thing when possible because the credit card company will help you if there are problems. With us, we had another member of the Moose Lodge who was the coordinator for all and he could only take checks. He obviously was not "Johnny on the Spot" when it came to turning everything in. Next time we go, as we always have before, I will deal directly with the cruise company myself. Although we got a good price doing a group thing, it was not worth the hassle.

As I mentioned in a previous post , we were told we had a $100 obc for the Pearl Mar/2. "told" only, would feel better if we had a coupon,a reference on the cruise tickets or something to show.I have a feeling there will be a huge confused line up at the service desk on sail day of people trying to figure out if they have or have not the obc, and if we were "told"(now) we we had the obc, and told at the service desk sail day tha we do not .................not a leg to stand on !!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ask your TA to have a new confirmation sent. I did and I now have a receipt with On-board Credit included. It doesn't show the amount but, at least I have something:)

We booked through NCL's website then followed up with the 800 number to get the shuttle from Houston Bush to the Terminal. They not only gave us the onboard credit but also did a double upgrade. We found them to be very helpful and willing to go the extra mile to make sure you were happy and getting what you needed/deserved.:)

:) Hi everyone:

I am the original poster and right now I am as confused as everyone else. We are cruising on the Sun 4/8/2007 and the final payment is not due for another two weeks.

My TA (very large NYC agency) spoke to an NCL rep in Dec. and was told that we would be getting an OBC and that the amount would be determined January 2nd.

When the TA called on the 2nd, all of a sudden we were not eligible for the OBC. The TA is furious (he says) and is taking up the matter with the marketing director for the travel agency. This agency does a huge business with NCL and advertises them practically every day in NYC newspapers.

We are still waiting to hear what happens and will let everyone know.

synet165

ncl star June 2005

ncl dawn April 2006

ncl Sun April 8, 2007:)

Well after emails and finnaly speaking to her directly, I was told that NCL is not giving OBC credit to existing reservations. If people are getting it from other TA's they are paying out of pocket. It makes sense to me and I trust her. So I am letting it go. I still feel like I have a good deal and that in the end is what matters. She is helping me with something else and has been very helpful so I don't feel like she would blow me off.

My 2 cents.

Patti

Well turns out I have a $20 OBC on my account. I called NCL and they said it was on there. Don't know why or how it got there. So I have an oceanview but I am only getting a $20 OBC. I'm not rocking the boat!! LOL! I already got a great rate and for some reason I got an OBC. I'm happy with that.

I put a post up re: not getting the OBC, according to travelocity.ca.

I then called NCL (after the posting). She checked and informed me there was a $25 OBC. So obviously the TA did not know what they were talking about. I also received a 5-category upgrade (from Inside N to Inside J) so I guess I can't complain. But still, I think I'll pass on travelocity.ca next time and use *****.com, since they were great for me last time. So much for wanting to give a Canadian company a chance. :)

Hi everyone:

Finally heard from the TA, even though the final payment has not yet been made and first person at NCL told TA we would get credit. It's a no go, but the TA said that said that he would put $50 into OBC account (I really don't think that he meant personally, it's a very large , heavily advertised NYC travel agency starting with the letter L).

Good thinking on their part, we plan on going back there for another trip (not cruise) this spring. My original TA at that agency got switched to another borough too far to go to.

YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE, JUST ASK.

SYNET165:)

Called my TA he said he went through mutiple suprvisers and still could not get the deal. It seems like really bad bussiness to do this sence most other cruise liners let you get most deals before your finnaly payment. OOhh well I will still have a blast on the curise, it just might make me think twice about my next cruise and who I choose.

Called my TA he said he went through mutiple suprvisers and still could not get the deal. It seems like really bad bussiness to do this sence most other cruise liners let you get most deals before your finnaly payment. OOhh well I will still have a blast on the curise, it just might make me think twice about my next cruise and who I choose.

Most cruise lines don't. Just about all of them are using "New Bookings Only" sales to sell out their ships today.

We were told by our TA we were not eligible since we got an upgrade on our rooms due to that being what was offered on the day we made reservations. If we had stayed in the lower category room it was available. Can't wait - NCL Spirit, March 24!

I'll ask about my OBC when I get on the Ship. I booked online 3 days after I called the webs site's 800 #. They called to confirm the booking but never mentions OBC"s.

Oh Ahoy Dianna G, I'll be on board the same week as you.

NCL Spirit, Mar.24 Let's Party ......CHEERS!!!!

RaquelP

Hi -- just got off the phone with my TA who said I am not eligible for the OBC because I booked my April 1 Dawn cruise in 2006. She said it is ONLY for bookings after January 1, 2007. The Freestyle Resolution page fine print clearly states that the OBC is for ALL 2007-2008 sailings fleetwide.

I am definitely going to pursue this further and will let you all know what I find out.

Tracye

I tried to obtain this OBC deal for our 16 April sailing on POH, but our Australian TA contacted NCL and was told it did not apply. I'd appreciate if someone could clarify the offer for me. I can't see any link to it on the NCL Web Site we see from Oz. We don't pay the balance until early Feb.

I tried to obtain this OBC deal for our 16 April sailing on POH, but our Australian TA contacted NCL and was told it did not apply. I'd appreciate if someone could clarify the offer for me. I can't see any link to it on the NCL Web Site we see from Oz. We don't pay the balance until early Feb.

What you see from here in Australia would not be any different to what people in the US see (assuming you look at www.ncl.com) We booked direct with NCL back in July and were advised that this offer does not apply to our booking, as it is for new bookings only. Which would mean made after commencement of the promotion in December.

The Freestyle Resolution page fine print clearly states that the OBC is for ALL 2007-2008 sailings fleetwide.

If you scroll to the bottom of the screen you provided the link to, it states that it is for new bookings only (cancellation and re-bookings do not qualify).

My friends and I just returned from the Jewel and we each received a $25 OBC in our inside stateroom without asking for anything. We booked our cruise in mid-December. Just wanted to let you guys know...you may not need to go to all this trouble.

Great review! We go on March 4. Looking forward to the ship, despite all the comments slagging the food by everyone on cc. I'm sure that, compared to the pork chops and rice with veggies I'm making for dinner tonight, the cruise food will be more than adequate!. :p

Archived