Star Princess December 16-23 Posted Review

Rick-n-MeMe

Our review has just posted in the review section. It is very comprehensive and includes days before and after in Fort Lauderdale. It reads more like a journal as this is how I kept up with our daily routine while on vacation. There are photos as well. Hope you enjoy it. We had a great cruise/vacation!

Our review has just posted in the review section. It is very comprehensive and includes days before and after in Fort Lauderdale. It reads more like a journal as this is how I kept up with our daily routine while on vacation. There are photos as well. Hope you enjoy it. We had a great cruise/vacation![/quote

Rick-n-MeMe,

Thanks for the great insightful review -I really enjoyed it.

I would like to reassure you about Captain Pickford. DH and I renewed our wedding vows on the Star in September with Captain Pickford. We were told by the staff that he was reticent and shy but we found him to be delightful and charming.

Love your photos as well.

Thanks for posting your review. I have just read it. I have never sailed Princess, but am booked on the Star this coming Saturday, January 6.

Question...It seems to me there were a good many things about your cruise experience that were less than stellar, some of them seemingly important.

My question is...why would you continue cruising with Princess and even seek Platinum status after the disappointments?

We have cruised Holland America for years and almost always had superb experiences. After reading your review, I'm not really excited about being on the Star next week.

Thanks again for your honest review.

We cruise because we love to be on a ship in the open sea. We love to read and to relax and just be alone together. We both have stressful jobs and being away from work is always a positive thing. Although the cruise in itself was not perfect, we had a wonderful time. We have sailed other Princess ships and will continue to sail on Princess.

One thing we look for is special deals. Another thing that is a big deal to us is the location and configuration of the cabin. We have usually booked the cabins that are considered the hidden gems of the ships. For instance, on Carnival it is the cabin that wraps around the stairwell and causes the balcony to be twice as long. On Royal Caribbean, we booked the corner aft cabin which, for the same money as a normal priced cabin, we get a larger balcony. On our upcoming Holland America Noordam cruise, we have once again booked one of only two cabins on the whole ship that wraps a crew stairwell and thus, the balcony is again twice as long but the price is the same. We have stayed in two Princess cabins that were aft and very large and private. We love watching the wake and listening to the sound of the ocean.

The itinerary is somewhat important but less important to us than the deal and the cabin/balcony location.

We had a great cruise even though some things were not perfect.

If we had the money and the time off work, we'd be gone cruising more often.

We do land vacations too, but there is nothing quite like the service and the relaxation you get on a cruise.

Thank you so much. It's nice to meet another "deal seeker". We've been cruising since the old Bahama Star in the 1960's and I agree, finding the right deal makes it all the more fun.

I hope you have many more wonderful travel experiences.

PS....I believe you will fall in love with the Noordam. She's magnificent....far and away the best of the Vista Class ships at HAL.

DFD1 --

We will be on the Star this Saturday too! Only 5 more sleeps to go and I am completely unprepared at this moment ... so close to the holidays! You should join the thread over on the Roll Call board ... a few other CC members are going too. See you on board!

Archived