Wine Discount

PACrew

Does Celebrity have a wine discount like RCCL? Meaning, if you buy wine on-board for dinner for a 7 night cruise, its at a discounted price. Usually you buy right when you get on the ship. RCCL has a program that is reasonable and Im hoping X has the same??????

I was planning on taking about six bottles. Sounds like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. We bring our own or we'll drink water or iced tea at dinner. I can't taste the difference between a $50 bottle or a $5 bottle purchased at the supermarket.

We just returned from the Galaxy and we had a wonderful time choosing wine with dinner. There are some gems on the list. We had a Foley Paso Robles Pinot Noir for about $50. It was so good I looked for it when I returned - a newer vintage was $33 - not a bad restaurant mark-up!

JRMEL,

I was planning on taking about six bottles. Sounds like they are cutting off their nose to spite their face. We bring our own or we'll drink water or iced tea at dinner. I can't taste the difference between a $50 bottle or a $5 bottle purchased at the supermarket.

On my cruise (14 nights to Hawai'i aboard GTS Infinity on 22 October 2006), there were some very nice wines that were less expensive than the present corkage fee. Jaques du Boeuf Beaujolais Villages was $23 per bottle, for esample.

Norm.

$25 cockage plus the 2 bottles only allowance is the beginning of NO BOOZE or WINE allowed to be brought on period. Add to this the increase in the bar set up and we are pretty much stuck. We either don't drink or pay whatever the ship feels like charging for drinks. As for wine, I am happy for those who like the wine list, I, for one, can't tell much difference between wines: some I love, some not, but the cost has little to do with it. Well, I don't like Carlo Rossi or Peter Villa, other than that I would rather have a couple of bottles of $5 or $10 wine than one of $50.00. NMnita

Archived