Is anyone else not liking the BofA ownership of the NCL card?

granto

Can you tell me the bonus part on the final payment? My final is due on the 14th and I am using my B OF A cards to make it for my cruise and my fellow cruisers. Thanks

Have you earned enough to request a $500 certificate? Also, with final payment under a week away, if you haven't received the certificate yet you may be out of luck to get it in time for this crusie (though you can request to have it expedited overnight for $35).

Have you earned enough to request a $500 certificate? Also, with final payment under a week away, if you haven't received the certificate yet you may be out of luck to get it in time for this crusie (though you can request to have it expedited overnight for $35).

This isn't accurate. We have always sent the certs after final payment and they just credit the amount back. Its never been a problem and many people on these threads report the same thing.

I have done it twice.

I tried to use my card to buy a TV at Circuit City and it wouldn't go through. That has never happened to me before, and I called BofA when I got home to find out the reason.

My payment was almost $7000, and when I called they said my balance was $8500 and change. It seems the payment I made in December was credited to another BofA account. They are trying to straighten it out and have given me the credit and taken off the interest and late charge which was a ridiculous amount.

I have always have used American Express and paid the balance in full each month which is what I do with the BofA card. I like the idea of getting the certificates, but not if they're going to screw up my credit.

I liked it much better when it was MBNA.

I've never heard of anyone paying a fee for their NCL card..........very strange.

I know it's strange. I don't know of anyone else that pays an annual fee for the card. I applied for the card many years ago. When I called the 800 number that NCL gave me to apply for the card, I ended up with an NCL card with Citi Bank with an annual fee. So I just figured that was the deal at that time. I didn't apply through the NCL website so I don't know what the NCL website said at that time. I don't even think I had a computer then. A few years later my Citi account was transferred to MBNA under the same terms as with the Citi account. I've been paying an annual fee since day one with this card. I never knew I was evidently the only one paying an annual fee until I started reading these boards.

First, I did like MBNA much better but thus far I've been able to view all 6 of my NCL cards at one time.

As for closing dates (and yep, it's a number I keep close track of - don't want to make charges without getting points!) but when I called to complain the young man, who was actually very nice, gave me closing dates for the entire year on each of my cards.

One positive thing (dare I say it!) you can hear your point balance if you call the 800 number. I don't remember that being available with NCL, you had to go to your statement online.

Our closing dates were changed but one phone call got them all changed to the dates I requested.

As for the Carnival card. You don't even want to get me started. If you dislike BoA you're gonna run screaming into the night when you try to redeem points with Carnival. I have never taken greater delight than the day i shredded that card. The bottom line is, they are a bait and switch operator. They say, for instance, 500 points will get you xyz, but when you go to redeem them it will NOT get you $500 credit, it's usually $350!!! You must book through their agency, who I've not found to be very price competetive and the agents are clueless about cruising. I would spend some time researching this on the Carnival board before i built up points that you can't use. And, yes, they're good on any cruise line but my experience was that lines other than Carnival took twice as many points for the $500 (which is really $350 [is this new math or what?]). The only upside is that if you're really disgusted (and you will be) with their cruise promotion you can use them in $50 increments towards airfare.

• 3 weeks later...
I called last week for my certs. they said they would be here in 7- 10 business days. Got through to them on the first call to a person who knew about the certs(sort of)and it picked up quickly but I don't have the certs yet and will let you know when they arrive and this is for a February Cruise....

Ok the rest of the story . This is for a Feb 8 cruise. I called for the certs on 12/26(I made the reservation on 12/24)...They arrived 1/5. I mailed them to NCL priority mail. They recieved them 1/8. They were credited to my cc today(yesterday NCL put them through). I didn't call once....

I just started with this card. What is the max you can charge each month without loosing points. I see you all talking about closing dates ?? Oh and what is with the grace period? I recieve my statement 7-8 days before its due...:confused:

ok well this explains why i had such a hard time finding the link to sign up for the ncl card. i wish i had found this particular thread before i applied online (and got approved). all i know is if i have trouble on the cruise using my credit card the card is so getting cancelled.

question...when they switched banks and stuff like that before it was automatic right. if they are about to switch now i wonder if my card will be ok since i haven't even gotten it in the mail yet.

question...when they switched banks and stuff like that before it was automatic right. if they are about to switch now i wonder if my card will be ok since i haven't even gotten it in the mail yet.

When the card moved from MBNA to BoA all my points were transfered correctly. However BoA bought MBNA. If NCL decided to use, say, Wachovia I do not know how that would work out. I would assume NCL or the new issuer would make it right to some extent, but this is corporate America after all :rolleyes:

It is ironic to read this thread today. I have had this card for a while now, and have accumuldated 1100 points. I called BOA yesterday to ask them for a copy of the rewards terms & conditions (or a website where I could find them) As other posters have said, I couldn't find the card marketed anywhere on the web. (and really I was paranoid that they had changed the rewards program on me, because this happened to me with the icruise.com card, and this rewards program is very rich compared to other ones out there)

Anyways, I was on the phone for like 20 minutes, the woman I spoke to was nice enough, but finally gave up after 20 minutes and told me to call Norwegian! I was like "Don't you issue this card? Why would you not be able to explain the rewards program to me?" She had no clue, I asked her if I was the only customer who had this card since she seemed to know nothing about it!

But, like other posters have said, it is well worth the poor customer service to get up to $3,000 off of a cruise.

It appears BoA is rebranding the NCL Mastercard as the Orient Lines Mastercard. Accumulates points the same as before. The link below shows all the details including restrictions on the certificates.

https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=L695&mc=A000001WJ5%20

Here is a list of the redemptions available.

Compass Rewards Points for Stateroom Upgrades

100 One category upgrade for first person in stateroom.

200 One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom.

300 Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom.

400 Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom.

Compass Rewards Points for Cruise Discounts

500 $500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking.

1000 $1,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

1500 $1,500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

2000 $2,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

2500 $2,500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

3000 $3,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

It appears BoA is rebranding the NCL Mastercard as the Orient Lines Mastercard. Accumulates points the same as before. The link below shows all the details including restrictions on the certificates.

https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=L695&mc=A000001WJ5%20

Here is a list of the redemptions available.

Compass Rewards Points for Stateroom Upgrades

100 One category upgrade for first person in stateroom.

200 One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom.

300 Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom.

400 Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom.

Compass Rewards Points for Cruise Discounts

500 $500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking.

1000 $1,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

1500 $1,500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

2000 $2,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

2500 $2,500 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

3000 $3,000 credit applicable toward an NCL cruise booking

The NCL branded credit card is still available. https://wwwa.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=L66X&mc=A000001WGV+. It looks as though they are offering an Orient Lines branded card in addition.

Archived