Is anyone else not liking the BofA ownership of the NCL card?

granto

I have had nothing but problems since BofA took over the NCL card operations, when they bought MBNA.

-- changing my bill cycle

-- reducing my payment grace period

-- Web site sucks compared to MBNA

-- eliminated ability to get e-bills to my on-line banking

-- Bill always looks like junk mail, it has no BofA ID on the envelope.

Just wondering if I was the only one, or if it was time to jam the Latitudes lines with complaints.

I hate the new website too. It doesn't display right on my computer. I also can't find when my billing cycle closes. I can guess, but I liked how MBNA had that on the website. I was also able to look at both my card and my husband's card under one log-in. Now we each have to have our own. Not a huge deal, but I liked MBNA's website better. I'll get used to it with time. I love this credit card, though. I can't believe all the points I have earned in the last 2 years.

I haven't been able to get on-line to see my account. I can with my husband's just not mine.

I also have no idea what my annual billing cycle is. I shouldn't have been able to get all my points this month as I hit my 1000 points, but now I have a few extra.

Now we have started using the other card. It hasn't affected anything. It's just annoying, and I don't think to really look into it except when I'm at work and don't have time.

I've had numerous problems too. I don't like the website as well. All my accounts are now available online but it took several phone calls to get that straightened out.

The statements look like someone is running them off from a home printer. Really tacky. The convenience checks look even tackier but I don't use them anyway so I probably shouldn't complain about it.

The Customer Service treatment that I received initially to get things resolved were less than stellar and really downright rude. If I didn't love the rewards as much as I do, I would have closed and found some other credit card.

If I didn't love the rewards as much as I do, I

would have closed and found some other credit card.

Maybe this is there plan? :D Chase people away with poor service?

I agree about the statements, I almost through the first one out but recognized the Wilmington, DE address and figured it might be important.

Gotta love those points though.

I called and complained the first time I received the bill! I couldn't believe I wasn't even told about the new look, I was so close to throwing it away. So I demanded they send me a notice saying that they changed the look of the bill.

I hate the new website as well.

Yet if I didn't have the card I wouldn't be going on a cruise in a week and a half!

B of A was bad enough, but when they joined with MBNA and the new web site came up................horrible. We need to KEEP COMPLAINING. They tell me they've had NO complaints.

B of A put a charge on my account in Sept. for lodging in Alaska when I wasn't in Alaska. They mailed me PROOF that it was my charge. The PROOF was a full page copy of a charge slip with ANOTHER PERSON'S NAME, COMPLETE CREDIT CARD NUMBER AND SIGNATURE on it.

I've been FIGHTING this since September. Their argument is that I "loaned the card to a friend and forgot about it."

Never mind that it's a complete different credit card number.

They DO NOT honor their publicity that they will work for you if an incorrect charge is on your account.

THEN, NCL has charged us not twice, but THREE FINAL PAYMENTS for an upcoming cruise. B of A, of course, won't remove the extra charges and NCL seems to be enjoying ignoring all my correspondence.

We need to revolt; B of A is a bank of NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Our last statement was short 43 Compass Reward points including no bonus points for an NCL final payment. I called BofA and they acknowledged the mistake and said the points will be added to next month's statement. We shall see?

Our last statement was short 43 Compass Reward points including no bonus points for an NCL final payment. I called BofA and they acknowledged the mistake and said the points will be added to next month's statement. We shall see?

I just went online to check my last statement. I don't know what everyone is complaining about.:rolleyes:

This is what I found

Online Banking is temporarily

unavailable for NJ customers :eek: :eek:

I just went online to check my last statement. I don't know what everyone is complaining about.:rolleyes:

This is what I found

That's nothing Mine says Banking not available for CA cutomers and everyone knows I am from NY!

I think there is a computer attack going on somewhere ....

This is what I found

O.K. Sorry Jim but this reminds me of a Candid Camera skit from a number of years ago... alot of years ago. I'm not that old; I was watching it as a kid and they were reruns from many moons ago. So here goes...

They set up a road block at a entry point to N.J. They stopped cars and told people that N.J. was closed for the day. Peoples reactions were just hilarious. Some bought into it and others became angry. It was just one of those that I thought was so funny and it must have made an impression because everytime I think of NJ, I remember this silly Candid Camera episode. :D So beware everyone, NJ is closed today.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming... CRUISING!

so it is good to see that I am not alone.

Since NCL has removed it from their website and BofA does not advertise it as one of their cards, I wonder if it is going away.

The card before the MBNA card had the same dissappearing act issues. You could not find the data anywhere, then suddenly the new MBNA card popped up.

Time to write to Colin and ask him for a new program provider.

I am one of those that can't think of one positive thing to say about BofA....................

NMNita

I absolutely agree! I've been staying away from BofA for the past 25 years because I had such a terrible experience with them. You can imagine how pleased I was to see my MBNA card get gobbled up by BofA. :mad:

In addition to the complaints above regarding the awful BoA website (which I also do not like), I had to change my log in name when it converted from the MBNA webiste as another BoA customer had the same ID. I guess I know where I fall on the BoA priority list. A pity given the amount we change annually...

At least they have not converted it to a Visa card from a MasterCard card (I am a big fan of MasterCard over Visa).

so it is good to see that I am not alone.

Since NCL has removed it from their website and BofA does not advertise it as one of their cards, I wonder if it is going away.

The card before the MBNA card had the same dissappearing act issues. You could not find the data anywhere, then suddenly the new MBNA card popped up.

Time to write to Colin and ask him for a new program provider.

I for one hope the card does not go away. Even with all the warts of BofA it is still the pest deal in a travel card. A little aggravation for $1000 a year :)

In addition to the complaints above regarding the awful BoA website (which I also do not like), I had to change my log in name when it converted from the MBNA webiste as another BoA customer had the same ID. I guess I know where I fall on the BoA priority list. A pity given the amount we change annually...

At least they have not converted it to a Visa card from a MasterCard card (I am a big fan of MasterCard over Visa).

Okay what is the difference between M/c And Visa?

Oh what a great thread! I absolutely DETEST BoA (well, not the bank but the gawd-awful telephone service!) Oh my word, I want to scream!) I was on the phone 45 minutes last night for one stupid question. I got transfered 5 times.

I'd rather poke needles in my eyeballs than call BoA.

This is why I'm so worried that I forgot to order my NCL MBNA certificates to pay for my May cruise on the Pearl. I'm afraid someone will say, "What certificates?" or "oh, that program was canceled when BoA took over.

I so far, don't have many problems with the website, but I've been a BoA customer for a hundred years (so it seems). They can't get my name right. I'm Virginia by birth and my MBNA NCL card was in that name just becuase it matched my passport, but all my other accounts are in the name Ginny. That has caused undue grief.

I dread making the call this morning to order my certificate! :eek:

Oh what a great thread! I absolutely DETEST BoA (well, not the bank but the gawd-awful telephone service!) Oh my word, I want to scream!) I was on the phone 45 minutes last night for one stupid question. I got transfered 5 times.

I'd rather poke needles in my eyeballs than call BoA.

This is why I'm so worried that I forgot to order my NCL MBNA certificates to pay for my May cruise on the Pearl. I'm afraid someone will say, "What certificates?"

I dread making the call this morning to order my certificate! :eek:

I called last week for my certs. they said they would be here in 7- 10 business days. Got through to them on the first call to a person who knew about the certs(sort of)and it picked up quickly but I don't have the certs yet and will let you know when they arrive and this is for a February Cruise....

Regarding the above, Bank of America called me to let me know that the reason I did not receive the 43 points due me was because I had reached my maiximum of $1,000. for the year. My previous anniversary date was early December and all purchases made after that date should have earned points as a new year. However, BofA changed my anniversary date to Jan. 1st? Therefore, all the purchases I made in late December during the busy shopping season earned no points. Isn't that nice? I'm sure other NCL passengers will soon get a similar surprise. Once you reach 1,000 points in any calendar year, you earn no more points.

Archived