Question regarding transatlantic crossing

Joe&Barry

My partner and I have done a crossing on a big mega ship and really enjoyed the sea days and time together, but not the crowds. We are considering trying Seaborn but wondering how smooth or rough we can expect it to be. I also think we would enjoy a more upscale setting, but at the same time we consider ourselves to be very down to earth types. We enjoy peace and quiet, reading, etc. We tend to keep to our selves a bit, but enjoy meeting friendly people. We are both in our 40's. Any comments or recommendations? Thank you!

Hi Joe&Barry,

It sounds like you are just the kindof person who will enjoy a SB crossing. My partner and I are doing the November Legend crossing and are looking forward to it very much. We have done several other SB cruises and , in fact, will be boarding for 32 days in April, but there is something special about a crossing. There is, of course, no guarantee about sea conditions but because they take the southern route, it is usually pretty calm. We did a crossing in Silversea a couple of years ago and the Atlantic was smooth as a pond.

If you enjoyi reading, quiet times, the company of fun, interesting people you should love the crossing. Try the Legen next November. There will be a great contingnett of people aboard.

Hi Joe&Barry,

It sounds like you are just the kindof person who will enjoy a SB crossing. My partner and I are doing the November Legend crossing and are looking forward to it very much. We have done several other SB cruises and , in fact, will be boarding for 32 days in April, but there is something special about a crossing. There is, of course, no guarantee about sea conditions but because they take the southern route, it is usually pretty calm. We did a crossing in Silversea a couple of years ago and the Atlantic was smooth as a pond.

If you enjoyi reading, quiet times, the company of fun, interesting people you should love the crossing. Try the Legen next November. There will be a great contingnett of people aboard.

I agree, I have been on several Seabourn Crossings, and have had a wonderful time! It is a relaxing time, and a a great way of meeting new people!

Host Dan

The spring crossing, on 3/19, is being promoted at 50% off. Not a bad way to 'test the waters!';)

Abd after a 10 day eastbound voyage in '05 (and about 5 shore visits), spouse and I are def looking forward to a 12-dayer, with almost all 'sea' days.

The spring crossing, on 3/19, is being promoted at 50% off. Not a bad way to 'test the waters!';)

Abd after a 10 day eastbound voyage in '05 (and about 5 shore visits), spouse and I are def looking forward to a 12-dayer, with almost all 'sea' days.

Consider the Pride March crossings. We have had great themes put together by the guests one year it was royalty and last year Tickled Pink -- less ambitious this year but still great fun. The people for the most part would respect your expectations the weather on the other hand can be anything. If you want as little motion as possible book a lower cabin in the middle and get a good long term weather forcast. We would be delighted to welcome you.

TazTAz

Pride Crossers:

For those that would enjoy participating we will have an "Easter Hat Parade and contest":p Most will bring their hats and then will decorate them aboard during our Crossing. I know many will be "themed hats and bonnets." Sooooo, be planning now if you would like to wear a hat and enter the contest. The event will take place either in the Constellation Lounge or the Sky Bar (weather permitting) on one of our glorious sea days.

No, I won't tell the 1st prize~~~~(somethin' very special, though)

Martita

• 3 weeks later...

If you want an upmarket crossing, try to get on one of the (very rare) Queen Elizabeth 2 transatlantics.

Those who can book in the states - there is one in April. For those reliant on the UK market, the next is in January 2008.

You'll like as not get rough weather though. Bring it on!!!!!

Matthew

PS apologies hijacking this for Cunard, but a real liner is an experience that is in danger of being lost......

Archived