Cell phones on RCCL - Will TracFone work?

I would doubt it very seriously, or if they did, they would charge you for multiple units for every minute on the phone. You're not just using cell towers, you're communicating via satellite between ship and land which is much more expensive, as the above poster said, call them and ask, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

i have used my tracfone in port in St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico (all over), Mexico, and Hawaii and been charged at the regular rate. Reception was great too, calling CT!:D

I can see USVI, PR and Hawaii...but Mexico too? That sounds pretty good to me, as I'm planning to get a TracFone as soon as my Verizon "phone from hell" contract expires.

Hi,

I was on the Carnival this Nov. and was able to use my phone two or three different times. Once we were near nothing and I was able to pick up a signal. Just had to try it at different times and sometime it worked and some times not. There was no extra charged. We sailed to Belize, Limon and Colon had strong wind and heavy cloud cover, I don't know if this was way I was able to pick up signals. I was in the Theater one night before the show started and talking on the phone. Everybody was checking theirs, but having no luck.:D

Hi,

I was on the Carnival this Nov. and was able to use my phone two or three different times. Once we were near nothing and I was able to pick up a signal. Just had to try it at different times and sometime it worked and some times not. There was no extra charged. We sailed to Belize, Limon and Colon had strong wind and heavy cloud cover, I don't know if this was way I was able to pick up signals. I was in the Theater one night before the show started and talking on the phone. Everybody was checking theirs, but having no luck.:D

Hi,

Archived