Recommendations for independent guides / tour operators?

Brandis

I'm visiting Curacao in March with 9 other people and we would like to do a tour of our own. One of the group members grew up in Curacao and would like to show us some of his favorite places, so the guide should be flexible in allowing requests regarding the tour.

I found a tour operator on another website, but they only offer group tours from 15 persons.

Thanks for your help!

Marc

Hi! We (family of 5) just got back from Curacao and Leo showed us the Island. I can not stress how GREAT of a time we had with him. You definately will not be dissapointed. The Island is beautiful and it helps to have someone tell and show you all of the details.

I highly recommend Nelson of TioTaxi. I arranged for Nelson to pick us at the pier and take us to Play PortoMari for a beach day. He was there, at the arranged time, with a custom sign I asked him to make. During the drive, he told us many interesting facts about Curacao. He was very pleasant and knowlegable. For the return trip, he arrived right on time, coming down to the beach to find us. Although we only used his taxi services to and from the beach, he does do island tours that I imagine would be top notch based on conversations with him. You can contact him using his website: http://www.tiotaxi.com

• 3 months later...

It's always nice after you post like this, if you will come back and report on your day in Curacao. It helps other people make decisions about what to do on that beautiful island.

I hope you are still around to hear this plea!

Thanks!

Alanna

• 1 month later...

I READ THAT POST AND YOUR GOOD EXPERIENCES AND OTHERS

REGARDING THIER SERVICE!

I emailed Leo/Henry yesterday and received a reply this AM. :D

So great to have this community where members are always so willing to share!

We will be using his services on 10/26/07 so will be sure to return this

favor by reporting upon return.

MAASDAM 10/20/07 TO 10/30/07

• 5 months later...

We like to book a private tour with a local person or special interest tour with walking etc. Kind of off the beaten path!

I suggest a private island tour with all the highlights. in one day you will have a pretty good impression how the island looks like and you will come back a next time to stay for a few days. suggestions for an island tour: a trip to the west

point of the island in the form of a scenic drive , visit of one of the

national parks named shete bokBe sure to wear decent shoes. first part we walk to the riffort then we continue by car. the end of the tour will be in the historic center of Willemstad(the Punda site of town), which gives you the chance to shop around.

a where we visit the rough north coast of the

island and a cave on sea water level. a visit to a plantationhouse ,

flamingo observation point, lunch at the old market place and then on to

visit the historic city center of Willemstad, the world Unesco Heritage site

of Kura Hulanda, the Jewish neighbourhood, Punda, Otrobanda, the Blue

Curacao Liquer factory and if there is time left an old fortress.

The tour price per person will be US 90, this includes drinks along the way and entrance fees but excludes the lunch and lunch drinks. Tourprice can be paid at the end of the tour, and i assure you , satisfaction quaranteed !I will meet you at the cruiseship terminal. From there it is only a 3 minute walk to the Riffort, the oldest defence fortress on the Otrobanda side of Willimstad, after a brief visit we continue the tour by car. Be sure to wear decent shoes, since now and then we walk a short distance. I only accept cash

What do you think? It is a private tour for two

Archived