Need help - 5 girls

Juliegirl1

Help! I have been chosen to plan a fortieth birthday cruise for five girls (at least we still act like girls) for next year. None of us has ever been on a cruise before. We already know that we want to take a five day cruise in January from Galveston so that pretty much narrows the cruise line/itinerary (Carnival/Western Caribbean) for us.

What I need help with is what kind of cabin - should I book two cabins for us? :confused: I know some cabins can hold five people but I think that is a little close quarters for five adults. Should we try to recruit one more person and get three cabins or do any of you have any other suggestions? Thanks!!!:D

Help! I have been chosen to plan a fortieth birthday cruise for five girls (at least we still act like girls) for next year. None of us has ever been on a cruise before. We already know that we want to take a five day cruise in January from Galveston so that pretty much narrows the cruise line/itinerary (Carnival/Western Caribbean) for us.

What I need help with is what kind of cabin - should I book two cabins for us? :confused: I know some cabins can hold five people but I think that is a little close quarters for five adults. Should we try to recruit one more person and get three cabins or do any of you have any other suggestions? Thanks!!!:D

I would seek the opinions of the group. You might be able to get 2 cabins, one would be an inside and the other larger with a balcony. Then split the cost 5 ways. If you end up with 3 cabins you will have a single supplement in one which will add to the cost.

You will surely want at least two cabins, just because five women trying to get ready in the morning or for dinner in one bathroom:eek: it NOT a pretty site!

Two connecting balcony cabins would be nice also.:) Split the cost 5 ways, as one person will be paying a rate for 3rd person in the cabin.

Or if cost isn't a HUGE factor, get one balcony and one suite, the extra space in the suite is great and you all could share the seating area when you are having your gal-feast.

Try for one room with five baths. :D

What you might try is to get a room close to a ladies washroom, for make up, or whatever.

Have fun.

john

NO NO NO

He is a guy....don't listen to him :eek:

You do not need to apply make up in a public bathroom (if you even wear makeup). In addition to the bathroom, each cabin has a vanity type area with lights around it that are just fine for storing items and putting on makeup if need be.

If you put more than two people in a cabin, you will have upper and lower berths. This signficantly cuts down on the sq ft, if you have to be ducking around the upper beds, when lowered....

I've sailed with friends and with family. Even with a larger (185 sq ft) cabin, 3 ladies trying to move around and use the bathroom is pretty tight.

I'd really look for a 6th person and just get 3 cabins.

I agree with Beth & Rob. Find another friend and go with three cabins. There is just not enough room for three adults in most of the rooms. Some are adjoining too, so that will help. Whatever you do, get your reservations in and have fun!! :D

Archived