Was upgrading a mistake?? (Pearl Beds Questions)

kath1210

We just upgraded from a BA to an AF Minisuite on the Pearl due to the larger deck and more cabin space. However, since we have two teens (a boy and a girl), they will not sleep on the pull-out sofa together.

So, I have a few questions:

1. Do any of the minisuites have a separate pullman bed?

2, Is there room on the floor for a twin-size air mattress?

3. Since I may end up sleeping there with my daughter, how comfortable are the sofabeds?

Thanks!

This is from experience on the Dawn ( not going on the Pearl til next month). There are no pullmans in a minisuite. If you do not open the sofa bed someone could sleep on the floor - but are you bringing an air mattress?

The beds are very comfortable- but the sofas are OK - at least they are new . Take turns men and women each night.

We just upgraded from a BA to an AF Minisuite on the Pearl due to the larger deck and more cabin space. However, since we have two teens (a boy and a girl), they will not sleep on the pull-out sofa together.

So, I have a few questions:

1. Do any of the minisuites have a separate pullman bed?

2, Is there room on the floor for a twin-size air mattress?

3. Since I may end up sleeping there with my daughter, how comfortable are the sofabeds?

Thanks!

Was on the sister ship the Jewel this past Thanksgiving. I will try to answer for you.We did not have that catagory but we did go in one similar on several occasions with friends and it was an Ag.

There was no pullman.A long couch had a sleeper inside and that was up front in the room near the door to the balcony.

There was very little floor area at all so that would be tough,unless you put an air mattress in front of the couch and did not open the couch.

Comfort??Couldn't tell you.It was never opened.

Steve

Thanks, everyone. I am now thinking I was too quick to upgrade and should have kept our BA room. Oh well, it's too late to change that now.

We did plan to bring a twin air mattress, but may just switch off sharing the beds every other night. Good idea! Why should the guys get the good beds every night? :)

Thanks, everyone. I am now thinking I was too quick to upgrade and should have kept our BA room. Oh well, it's too late to change that now.

We did plan to bring a twin air mattress, but may just switch off sharing the beds every other night. Good idea! Why should the guys get the good beds every night? :)

I have found the couches are often more comfortable than the beds LOL. Haven't tried the beds on the Pearl though.

Why not give the kids the twin beds. You and your husband get the double sofa, the balcony view, the fresh air, the TV at night, and a curtain to close. Just have the cabin steward at an egg crate foam pad and you will be fine.

Guest BeckyThane

Shoreguy, you're such a smart guy! (That's why we all love you!!! :D) That solution would never have ocurred to me. <duh>

No, you did not make a mistake. You will have more space in the AF than a BA. And, I think you would have had the same sleeping arrangements with the pull out sofa.

I would bring one air mattress and place it in the hallway for someone to sleep on. Then, one on the sofa and you and your DH in the bed. The only problem with this suggestion is that if someone has to get in the middle of the night to use the bathroom as the air mattress will be in the way.

Click on my link for pictures of both a BA and AF. They're the same layout just different ship.

We had an extra large inside cabin on the Sun and Shoreguy's plan worked for us. The kids used the twin beds and my husband and I slept on the double sofa bed. Yes, we did need an egg-crate but it worked fine for our family. Now, just wish they had large insides on all the ships for those of us who can't realy afford the minisuites.:cool:

Thanks to everyone for all of your ideas! The BA we booked did have a pullman bed and a single couch bed, but I think we'll be happier with the larger room after all.

I did not think of sharing the couch with my husband. We are not small people, so we'll have to see how big the sofabed is, but that plan could work!

Thanks to everyone for all of your ideas! The BA we booked did have a pullman bed and a single couch bed, but I think we'll be happier with the larger room after all.

I did not think of sharing the couch with my husband. We are not small people, so we'll have to see how big the sofabed is, but that plan could work!

Be sure to check my link for my pictures and you can see the size of both an AF and BA. There's no way my husband and I could share the sofa bed but that's just us. I still like my idea better of the air mattress in the hallway. Our girls use to share the AF sofa bed when they were younger, they're now 14 and 9 and it would not work for them. But, the youngest is a shaker and a mover when she sleeps and generally is a bed hog.

Our double sofa bed on the Sun was 52" wide when opened and a standard bed length. This is only 2" narrower than a standard double bed. I liked this better than putting one person (same problem-male and female kids) on the floor and it still gave us plenty of room to walk around. Of course, my husband and I are normal sized people, I wear a size 6 and he is a 36 inch waist. Best of luck to the OP, I'm envious as we are squishing in a Dawn interior cabin this year. Wall to wall beds. Better to cruise squished than not to have cruised at all.......

Archived