Waitlisted for second seating

abowsi

May 2006 I booked AOS departing 3/25/2007. I requested second seating for the three of us for the dining room. I was immediately waitlisted for second seating. Is this a normal occurrence on this ship? This is our ninth RCCL cruise and the first time we've been waitlisted for dining assignments. I find it hard to believe that ten months prior to the cruise the dining is already assigned and second seating is filled, so I'm thinking it's just standard ops for this ship.

Thanks in advance for any help/information you can provide.

Hello,

It is very unusual to have a dinner seating waitlisted for that long

of time, unless there is a large group onboard.

The 2nd dining is currently available on that sailing. I would suggest

you contact your travel agent asap and ask them to make the

switch. It won't be a problem. Travel agents have contacts within

the cruise line who usually can assist with such matters and have

a waitlist cleared in a short amount of time. I've never been on a

waitlist when it hasn't cleared in a month, or so.

Enjoy!

RW

We had the same situation--many, many months in advance the 2nd seating was full! Turns out, there was a large group booked--they assigned them all the 2nd seating. We were waitlisted, too. After the 1st night, a bunch of the "group" decided that was waaaay too late for them--we were placed in our desired timeslot on the 2nd night.

I had confirmed 2nd seating on the AOS, in August 2006, and it was also a B2B cruise on that ship, that many CC members were on waitlists for 2nd seating. The 1st week we were placed in 1st seating (even though my invoice said CONFIRMED) and even though we are Diamond members! I went right to the head Matri De and tried to rectify it. He claimed he could do nothing, dining seating is not a guarentee, even if its confirmed! To make a long story short, we did get 2nd seating after the 1st day, the placed an extra table in the dining area. the 2nd week we didn't have any problem. I am waitlisted for a cruise for next August, for 2 months now and hope I can get on it .icon9.gif

Archived