High Energy - All Gay!

ZIPPER

Hi guys:

I've booked a junior suite on deck 10 on the Atlantis Mexico Cruise in October. Great location, it's gonna be great! I'm focused on three things: the parties, the shows, and the excursions.

Question?

Between the parties and the excursions I'm actually hoping to get a little sleep. Maybe crash at 4, and sleep till 8 or 9. Do they turn down the deck music by 4, or should I consider a lower deck?

Thanks

As long as you're planning to sleep in your cabin, you shouldn't have a problem. In pretty much all cruise ships, it's quiet in your cabin. You might hear the neighbors if they're very loud. Deck 10 on the Radiance is almost all cabins, though, so I wouldn't anticipate any problems at all. They're not blasting music throughout the ship, it's just in the public rooms. You'll have a great time! :)

I have been on a lot of gay cruises and as far as napping goes, it usually doesn't happen, unless you have ear plugs. There are a lot of tea dances which go from 4-7 and when you have a balcony room or suite, the neighbors can be outside and loud.

I always get a balcony room on a lower deck towards the front or back of the ship,( depending on where the dance floor is located on the top deck) so even at night you can sleep with your door open and not have the music that goes till 6:00am vibrate your room and keep you awake.

I hope this helps!

The T-dances are usually in the afternoon though, right? That was my experience on RSVP. I think the OP was talking about sleeping from 4am to 8-9am!

It's true that I've never had a balcony, though...so I'm not sure what that would be like.

Wakayaker-

I was wondering how late into the night the deck music went on, I thought it probably went on until dawn but I wasn't sure! Even though it was a great price on the GS, I think I'll probably go back to an inside room on deck 8. I think I'll plan on booking the excursions for the afternoon, and catching some winks in the morning! The idea of a balcony suite just off the party deck sounded like great fun, but I concluded it might be a little too intense even for me!

Thanks

I had the same concern about noise in a junior suite just one deck below the pool deck (and, presumeably a lot of music) so I went one deck down. I hope that's far enough away from the deck noise and that my neighbors aren't too loud (at least not too loud at the wrong times).

Thanks guys:

I followed your advice and changed to a Balcony Stateroom on Deck 7 in back. I also got on the starboard side this time rather than port, which I presume will give me a better view of the scenery. I'm really psyched for this trip, I was just a little hesitant about a week on Deck 10!

Gregg

Hi Gregg, on the sister ships the Brillance and the Serenade most balcony rooms on deck 7 look on to a platform that is even with the floor of your balcony, there are some in a higher catagory's that do not have it, but you may want to ask. I have been on deck 7 and I was disappointed with the platform blocking the view of the water below. Since then I always go with deck 8 on these ships and have never had a problem witht the noise.

Thanks for the warning, I pulled up some photos of the ship and I see what you mean about the platform. It doesn't completely show up on the deckplan, but you can see it clearly in the photos. I originally asked for something on deck 8, but I got one of the flakier Atlantis staff member and there was some confusion regarding stateroom categories and decks

I'm going to call Ellen on Monday, since she is the one who really knows what she's doing. I was going to try for deck 8, but if necessary do you think something on deck 9 would work out? I really want to stay in the back on the starboard side.

Thanks

deck 9 will probably be fine, but you shouldn't have any trouble on 8. Most of the Atlantis people are very good at their jobs, you might have just got a new person. Ellen,Michael and Joey are all great to work with and very accomodating.

We were on Deck 9 on the Navigator of the Seas, midship and could hear the music until dawn with the balcony door open. Not with it closed. My friend had deck 10 midship and the party was above him. He had to be moved to another room because he could not sleep. Wise choice to move the room to the back.

Archived