Coffee Cards/Unlimted Sodas on HAL

kwahl1

Does HAL (Oosterdam) have the coffee cards for approx $24 you get 15 trips or so to the expresso coffee bar? And can you buy the soda cup/ container (or pass) for approx $20 for ulimited soft drinks? Work well on Princess last year, good value.

Thanks

Ken

Oosterdam 15 Setember 2007

Last time on HAL we bought Soda Cards that were good for 20 sodas, i think they were like 22.50 for a seven day cruise on the Veendam...not sure if this is still in practice though

I might be wrong, but I think HAL is selling soda cards that are not unlimited any longer. You get so many cans of soda ... at any of the bars ... on each card. Each time you get a soda, they punch a hole in the card.

I guess maybe this is in response to too many people "cheating?" ... buying one soda card to be shared by all three kids? HAL would definitely be losing money on that deal, hence the card with a set limit. This way it doesn't matter how many kids are sharing the card. Once the limit is reached; i.e., the card has reached is maximum number of punched holes, mom either buys another card ... or the kids switch to iced tea. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

There used to be "stickers" on HAL for unlimited sodas but they went the way of the DoDo.

No, it went the way of the "cheaters" ... more than one person sharing a card. HAL was being taken advantage of in many cases, and obviously they weren't going to put up with that for too long.

Blue skies ...

--rita

I checked that out on their website. I thought it MUST be a mistake and they MUST offer an unlimited soda option. See it is true!

As a Diet Coke addict, I'll suck down 20 sodas by day 2 if they shove it in a little glass stuffed full of ice. On Princess, cans were not part of the program so you got 3 oz of soda with each serving.

Maybe carting in my Costco pallet of Diet Coke with distract them from sniffing out my secret stash of Don Julio.

You don't get a can of soda using the soda card. You will get a glass of soda and it's poured out of the can. At least that's the way it worked on the Oosterdam in Dec. Don't know about the coffee card. Never heard of it. We used the wonderful coffee machine in the Neptune, so I really wasn't looking for a coffee card.

Does HAL (Oosterdam) have the coffee cards for approx $24 you get 15 trips or so to the expresso coffee bar? And can you buy the soda cup/ container (or pass) for approx $20 for ulimited soft drinks? Work well on Princess last year, good value.

Thanks

Ken

Oosterdam 15 Setember 2007

:) The Explorations and Windstar Coffee Cards are available for 10 coffee beverages @ a cost of $29.90.

The Soda Fountain Cards are available for 20 sodas @ a cost of $20.70.

It's a shame they think they are getting cheated. Fountain sodas are mere pennies a serving, but from a business standpoint......pennies add up to dollars and dollars add up to millions. Think we'll bring a 12 pack.

On Princess last year the coffee in the buffet was actually pretty good. I saw them refilling the coffee dispenser in the buffett line. Used some sort of syrup concentrate that is mixed with hot water. That would e great around my house. They also offered the coffee card for the expressos and really good.

:) The Explorations and Windstar Coffee Cards are available for 10 coffee beverages @ a cost of $29.90.

Where do you purchase the coffee and soda cards? Wish NCL and Star Princess had expresso cards when I was there with my sister. She is an expresso junkie :>) Are they available universally on all the ships?

Where do you purchase the coffee and soda cards? Wish NCL and Star Princess had expresso cards when I was there with my sister. She is an expresso junkie :>) Are they available universally on all the ships?

sorry for the double post, I got impatient and pushed the button twice

You can order them prior to boarding from HAL's website, here. Just click on "Printable Gift Order Form" for details. I believe you can also purchase the cards on the ship. And, you can order via ship's services at 1-800-541-1576.

Karin

Archived