CB Princess sailaway buffet

canuk05

What is on the cold seafood buffet? Husband is allergic to shellfish. Is there other stuff that he could enjoy?

This is from the Princess Patter for 10/29/2006:

"...featuring the magnificent Chilled Seafood Extravaganza including Shrimp Cocktail, King Crab Legs, Smoked Salmon and much more."

I can't wait! :)

Dan

They will also have many of the same menu items as are in the dining room that evening available on the buffet, so he should still be able to find something to eat. I really enjoyed the seafood, but also had some of the ham in cranberry sauce (yummy).

What is on the cold seafood buffet? Husband is allergic to shellfish. Is there other stuff that he could enjoy?

Good question! I'm allergic to shellfish as well :(

I figure there will be things I can eat...but it's still a little scary with that many hands touching and mixing tongs and spoon that the possibility of cross contamination is always there..

The "Sailaway Buffet" on the first night (6:00-11:00 p.m.) in the Cafe Caribe portion of the Horizon Court Buffet had the Chilled Seafood Extravaganza. There was shrimp cocktail, lobster claws, king crab legs, smoked salmon and much more. It was difficult to think about going to the dining room after enjoying that!

We recall the seafood buffet being repeated there later in the cruise, too.

In the dining room menus we found sauteed filet of zander, sautéed orange roughy filet, mahi mahi, grilled swordfish, yellow snapper, freshwater tilapia, sautéed jumbo black tiger prawns, sea scallops and broiled twin lobster tail. We usually ate early (Anytime Dining) and if there was something we particularly enjoyed, we made our way to the Horizon Court buffet later in the evening and usually found our favorite seafood items there, too.

The "Always Available" menu in the dining rooms included a succulent Caribbean shrimp cocktail and a broiled North Sea silver salmon filet. So we could have shrimp cocktail every night if we wanted.

Archived