Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hello, We sailed on our first cruise at the end of September and I was wondering about a few things. We sailed with four adults in one cabin and had two twin beds the couch and a pull down bed. I thought I had read on CC that during the day the steward would put the pull down up and make the couch up. Our steward didn't do that and left the couch made up as a bed all the time. I kinda wished that we could have had the couch made up and the bed folded up during the day as it would have made the room seem larger. We weren't in our room a whole lot but when we were it would have been nice. I didn't ask the steward as I wasn't sure what was correct. Also, is it normal to not get a towel animal on the first night? Also, what about the last night. Silly things, I know, but curious anyway. Thanks for your help,

I've never had a towel animal the 1st night. Can't answer about couch, never had 4 in a cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
For anyone that is O.C.D. you will love the 43 page pdf package that was prepared for me by a very nice lady. All about Conquest. Maps, menues, F.Y.I.'s, etc... If anyone wants it email me at aleahmach1@yahoo.com I will be glad to pass it on. Was waaay too large to attach here.

Check your email. I'd like to see the PDF that your friend made.

Thanks,

Dave

Hi - we are not new to cruising but are new to Carnival.

I've got a quick question about dinner seating. Is there a way my wife and I can request that us and our 2 friends coming along with us sit at a private table for 4? We already got our reservations linked together, but the Carnival rep said the 4 of us might be together at a bigger table. Thanks!!

Also, is it normal to not get a towel animal on the first night? Also, what about the last night. Silly things, I know, but curious anyway. Thanks for your help,

We just got off the Conquest, didn't get a towel animal the first night or last either. I've heard that's typical for first night, but I was disappointed the last night. Also, I think I made a mistake in leaving our towel animal intact and on the sofa each day (they were just so cute) as each night it just seemed the head would change. We never got the monkey or standing elephant, just the laying down animals.

We got a towel animal every night except the first night. My husband even badgered our cabin steward (Celio) on the last day to the point he gave us a demo of how to make several towel animals. It's amazing how clever they are and how easy they are to do.

Hi - we are not new to cruising but are new to Carnival.

I've got a quick question about dinner seating. Is there a way my wife and I can request that us and our 2 friends coming along with us sit at a private table for 4? We already got our reservations linked together, but the Carnival rep said the 4 of us might be together at a bigger table. Thanks!!

Be sure to check with the Maitre'd after boarding about your table. If you don't mind a late seating you may be able to get a table for 4. Good luck!

Cruise rookie asks; What will be charged to my S&S card for soda, basic beer, and bar cocktails?

Soft Drinks - 1.25/glass 1.75/can

Bar Drinks vary fron 4.50 to 7.50 depending on what you order

Check out http://www.cruiseclues.com/ and click on bar list and you will find list for several Carnivl ships. The prices will be the same on most ships.

Dave

For anyone that is O.C.D. you will love the 43 page pdf package that was prepared for me by a very nice lady. All about Conquest. Maps, menues, F.Y.I.'s, etc... If anyone wants it email me at aleahmach1@yahoo.com I will be glad to pass it on. Was waaay too large to attach here.

I would love to have a copy and am sending you an email now. Thanks so much!!!

Carol

Should we try to leave the ship early or a few hours later to avoid the crowds leaving the ship? Likewise, best to return early or a half hour before departure?

I'd get off the ship as early as possible since the time in the ports is pretty limited. It's fairly crowded, but moves pretty quick.

I try to get back about an hour early to avoid the crowds and because I'm not about to risk getting left. :D

Hello,

took your advise. got ezcruise to take me to cruise term & back again for a very decent price! whew.. that's off my mind at last. Staying in hotel on Seawall Blvd Galveston. so I figure I be walking down the blvd to Landrys for dinner & seek out liquor store (?)I can walk to.

Would appreciate the Capers so this time, I can print.. circle and "know b4 I go" ..Actually getting the chance to DO those hopefuls!

Also.. signed up for the Sandals All inclusive & again will take your advise & sign up for all water ops 1st! and no hamburgers either. So waddya eat instead?? How safe to take my camera on the 'tour"?

So.. anyone know what little tidbits.. those free things you can ask for ..either b4 you get on the ship or just after???

I remember reading something like that on a thread a long time ago.. just could not find it again.

Thank you each and everyone who has posted on this thread. Your insights, your humor and info.. well, they are truly "kewl"!!:cool:

have a happy!

Blue:)

I was curious if anyone had just returned from the Conquest. When I booked last week the agent said they were in the process of updating the waterslide, basketball court and putting in rockwall, but she wasn't sure if they had done this ship yet. Anyone know???

Do they have Putt Putt?

Carnival is up dating the waterslide on Fantasy Class ships like the Ecstasy, but not Conquest class. You travel agent may have gotten the Ecstasy and Conquest confused.

The put putt is brand new. My daughter and I liked it, I think it was 12 holes...

No rockwall or changes to the basketball court to my knowledge.

Thank you for that little tidbit! I was not aware of the "curfew" of stores! ha! will try to make that trip early in the evening. ;)

Did anyone know of recent Capers.. ? I did read the all info letter a really nice lady on this thread forwarded to me.. but it did not include the dailies.. If any knows either a site that lists the Capers or someone who just returned from the Conquest and wouldn't mind sharing ...:)

Thank you!

Blue

Don't forget, Texas liquor stores close at 9:00 pm and won't be open on Sunday.

Actually, Texas stores can't sell liquor until noon on Sundays. It's one of the old Blue Laws.

So, if you want to buy liquor the day of the cruise, just board the ship after 12!

Actually, Texas stores can't sell liquor until noon on Sundays. It's one of the old Blue Laws.

So, if you want to buy liquor the day of the cruise, just board the ship after 12!

Actually liquor stores are closed all day Sunday. You can buy beer and wine after noon.

Actually liquor stores are closed all day Sunday. You can buy beer and wine after noon.

Aleahmach1 is correct. Don't listen to TexBear and wait until Sunday and expect to buy liquor.

Yes balcony dividers can be opened in ports and closed while cruising....

We had 4-5 balcony rooms in Aug and our Steward opened them in ports and we loved sitting there during sail away and went to dinner , he closed them , it is a rule, besides if he did not closethem they clang and bang all night.......

Yes, I would love a copy....Email is on the way as we speak...Thanks in advance!!!!:)