Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Hello everyone, let me see if I understand this. ..

When I arrive Sat late afternoon .. go immed to a liquor store. do not wait . do not pass Go.. go and buy.. before 9 pm.. ??

that's ok by me. The only thing I really like is Bally's on rocks. I feel so very "Continental" doncha know>>:p

as to the Capers.. any answer out there as to where I could get hold of them???:confused:

Thanx

blue

the liquor is quite a long walk from the Seawall. Some of the hotels have shuttles that will take you.

one thing we found, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to and from Houston - traffic was stop and go both the day we got in and the day we left. It took us over about 2 1/2 hours to get to Galveston, and then when we headed back to Houston for our flight - traffic was totally stopped going to Galveston. We felf sorry for the people trying to get to the ship!!!

Have fun.

the liquor is quite a long walk from the Seawall. Some of the hotels have shuttles that will take you.

one thing we found, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to and from Houston - traffic was stop and go both the day we got in and the day we left. It took us over about 2 1/2 hours to get to Galveston, and then when we headed back to Houston for our flight - traffic was totally stopped going to Galveston. We felf sorry for the people trying to get to the ship!!!

Have fun.

If it was back in March that you sailed out of Galveston, than it is a good chance alot of the traffic and total stopping was due to the construction on the new causeway. I think most of that is over now and unless there is a huge event or holiday going on in Galveston, traffic on Sat or Sun should be light. Of coures all it takes is a bad wreck to mess that up.

If it was back in March that you sailed out of Galveston, than it is a good chance alot of the traffic and total stopping was due to the construction on the new causeway. I think most of that is over now and unless there is a huge event or holiday going on in Galveston, traffic on Sat or Sun should be light. Of coures all it takes is a bad wreck to mess that up.

I just spoke with my SIL and she and her dh drove down today just to enjoy the scenery. She said it is about 45-60 minute drive. I am planning to depart Houston around 9am so that we can enjoy ourselves and them.

If you are sailing the first weekend in November, be aware, or beware, the Lone Star Bike Rally will be hosted by Galveston and more than 150,000 motorcycles will decend upon the town for the weekend and alot of the streets will be blocked off for the event.

Machman posted his Capers and some other information from a recent cruise.

http://hosted.filefront.com/cruisecritter/

I finally was able to view the menus, capers, and dallies. Thanks for this link it was sooooo helpful. :)

Would my thinking be correct if I thought I could download the form for excursions found via this link to sign up for my excurisions? I think that this would expedite the process, does the forms change?? :confused:

If you are sailing the first weekend in November, be aware, or beware, the Lone Star Bike Rally will be hosted by Galveston and more than 150,000 motorcycles will decend upon the town for the weekend and alot of the streets will be blocked off for the event.

I am hoping that we can avoid anything like the above, please let me know so that I may plan accordingly. It appears that there will only be maybe 12 of us on the ship. Not many replied to the Conquest 11/11 roll call thread.

My dh wants to meet some ppl around our age mid to late 30's late 40's

Hope this will be fun fun fun

Can someone please tell me what time the Conquest gets back to Galveston? I would love love to watch the ship come in. Also, is the web cam working..or is it my computer?? Thanks so much!:)

The Conquest arrives in Galveston at 6:30 am Central Time unless some out of ordinary circumstance forces a delay or a rush to the dock. The Harbor House webcam seems to suffer a problem with annoying frequency though in fairness it isn't that often. It's just such a source of frustration when it does happen.

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before, but this is my first cruise. My husband has cruised one time and he says they discouraged bringing jewelry. How safe is it to bring jewelry and how safe are the safes in your room? What is the deal with using a credit card to open your safe? Need your advise.:)

Ok, I'm sure this has been asked before, but this is my first cruise. My husband has cruised one time and he says they discouraged bringing jewelry. How safe is it to bring jewelry and how safe are the safes in your room? What is the deal with using a credit card to open your safe? Need your advise.:)

You can spend plenty of cash on jewelry in the duty free shops onboard. There is absolutely no problem with wearing jewelry on the ship. What you probably read was about not wearing jewelry in port calls. In general, wearing expensive jewelry in port can increase your visibility as a target for thieves.

You room safe is fine. It is operated by a magnetic striped card. Any such card will work. The safe reads the card when you swipe it and will only open when the identical card is swiped. I don't use a credit card because I want my credit cards in the safe while I'm onboard. I use an old store gift card or such that has no value.

I finally was able to view the menus, capers, and dallies. Thanks for this link it was sooooo helpful. :)

Would my thinking be correct if I thought I could download the form for excursions found via this link to sign up for my excurisions? I think that this would expedite the process, does the forms change?? :confused:

I don't know, it probably doesn't change. You should be able to sign up for excursions from the Carnival website before you go.

The Conquest arrives in Galveston at 6:30 am Central Time unless some out of ordinary circumstance forces a delay or a rush to the dock. The Harbor House webcam seems to suffer a problem with annoying frequency though in fairness it isn't that often. It's just such a source of frustration when it does happen.

Thank you very much. I woke up about 4:15am to I could watch the Conquest come in....but it never happened! I realized a short time later that the web cam wasn't working...lol

Thanks for the info!:)

Thank you very much. I woke up about 4:15am to I could watch the Conquest come in....but it never happened! I realized a short time later that the web cam wasn't working...lol

Thanks for the info!:)

If the Sea Wolf Park webcam is working and pointed out on the channel, you can watch the Conquest sail in about 6:15 am.

Hey SoonerOne, you're on the same cruise as the Cupids. Come on and join our thread. There are 2 couples for OK and one from Arkansas. Plus lots from Texas and other parts of the planet. Even one couple from Canada. You are welcom to jump in and join our discussion.

Smooth Sailing,

Dave

For anyone that is O.C.D. you will love the 43 page pdf package that was prepared for me by a very nice lady. All about Conquest. Maps, menues, F.Y.I.'s, etc... If anyone wants it email me at aleahmach1@yahoo.com I will be glad to pass it on. Was waaay too large to attach here.

Hi Alea

I was on the Conquest cruise when you were married Oct 2006.:)

We are going on the Conquest again January 6th 2008.

I will be emailing you and I would like a copy of the Conquest info also.

Thanks

Jayne

Have fun.

Also if a heavy rain comes 45 floods and shuts down so be sure to alow yourself enough time if its raining hard.

I don't know, it probably doesn't change. You should be able to sign up for excursions from the Carnival website before you go.

Suzi, not possible they took it off of the website, but when I called to inquire I was told that it is available at the excursion desk aboard. They thought it was odd as well because they showed a number of available slots.

Hi Alea

I was on the Conquest cruise when you were married Oct 2006.:)

We are going on the Conquest again January 6th 2008.

I will be emailing you and I would like a copy of the Conquest info also.

Thanks

Jayne

Hi Jayne!

It's in your inbox! Glad to see you are cruising again soon as well.