Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

So I know many people have been on a cruise before and have gone through the whole rescue drill before each cruise. This will be my very first cruise and I was wondering how does this whole exercise work and how do they know that all of the passengers are there because I am sure there are thousands on every cruise? And I plan on getting one of those temp tattoos on the ship do they stay on even when you get into the pool or any kind of water for that matter?

I dont believe Carnival checks off your name, not that I remember. RCL they check off each name. We did see some dolphins jumping in the ocean while we were standing out during muster on the Ecstasy, its not all bad, but it gets pretty hot standing there. Look on the back of your cabin door and directions for where you have to go will be there.

Those temp tattoes stay only a few days up to about a week, depending on if you shower much or swim in the pool. Some wait until they are getting off the ship to get them so they last after they get home.

Ifaas...

We were on the Conquest in early April and dined at the supper club. It was outstanding. The atmosphere and waitstaff were great and the food was absolutely delicious. We all ordered different entrees and they were large portions. Don't miss the desserts - bring your camera also!

Have a wonderful cruise.:)

Hi everyone! My husband and I are cruising on the Conquest in Jan for our anniversary. We will be doing dinner in the Supper club the night after our Anniversary since Formal night is our anniversary. I was wondering if anyone has had dinner in the Supper club. Was it any good? Also I will be getting my hair done in the salon for both formal night and the supper club night. Is the salon worth it ladies? I just don't want to lug my curlers with me and my DH said I could pamper myself and get it done.

Thanks in advance.

The supper club, The Point, is a must! Ask Raj to help you pick a nice wine for your meal. The food and the atmosphere are wonderful. We ate there twice! I didn't use the salon for an updo or style but many people did and they looked great. It's a little pricey...$75 or so.... but it would be nice to be pampered like that! Have a great time!

And I plan on getting one of those temp tattoos on the ship do they stay on even when you get into the pool or any kind of water for that matter?

I got one on the last day at sea on my last cruise... and it lasted pretty long after the cruise. They tell you how to take care of them so you shouldn't have any problems.:) Lasted about a week before it faded then it lasted almost another week before it didn't look recognizable.

Hi everyone! My husband and I are cruising on the Conquest in Jan for our anniversary. We will be doing dinner in the Supper club the night after our Anniversary since Formal night is our anniversary. I was wondering if anyone has had dinner in the Supper club. Was it any good? Also I will be getting my hair done in the salon for both formal night and the supper club night. Is the salon worth it ladies? I just don't want to lug my curlers with me and my DH said I could pamper myself and get it done.

Thanks in advance.

a cc member was on her wedding cruise...went to the salon to get nails done and had a HORRIBLE experience. no complaints about hair however. i would stick to pampering of maybe hair but i honestly would not do anything involving any chemicals at all just in case there is a problem...such as you don't like the color etc. 'cause once you are off that ship, hardly any recourse action to take if not satisfied. have your nails done before you leave for your cruise. also, keep in mind, certain chemicals react with sculp nails...such as insect repellant if you are doing any excursions where you might need that...(i found out the hard way) the chemicals act like acetone. also, i was told that the hour long massages were not an hour long....that they spent part of that time trying to push their products on you....if you pay for an hour, get an hour...then sell to me...that's how i feel anyway.

congrats on your anniversary. you will enjoy it no matter what!

Thanks in advance.

The Pointe was great, completely worth the extra money. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Firefly333 - I just looked up the deck plans for the conquest and I haven't found the 6E category rooms you suggested. They sound great but I can't find them. I have an all girls cruise planned for next april with 7 girls going and these rooms would be great. Can you give me a little more information about them?

Thanks,

Sara P.

So I know many people have been on a cruise before and have gone through the whole rescue drill before each cruise. This will be my very first cruise and I was wondering how does this whole exercise work and how do they know that all of the passengers are there because I am sure there are thousands on every cruise? And I plan on getting one of those temp tattoos on the ship do they stay on even when you get into the pool or any kind of water for that matter?

Before the cruise is scheduled to depart they'll start calling all the passengers to go to your designated muster station with your life jackets. Your steward will tell you where it is or you can find the info on the back of your room door. My advice is to not rush to the drill at the first few calls, especially if you don't like confined spaces. Last year when we got to the area we were up against the wall, in a line of about 30 people that was 6 people deep. Luckily I got out of that since I was holding my daughter and they let me be at the end not surrounded by anyone.

Love your avatar!! Are you getting excited about your cruise?

Can you dry clean on ship. Do they have iron in rooms. Will be in Galveston a few days befor getting on ship. I know they have area to wash cloths. Are they hair dryer in the cat 11 rooms. Thank you for any help you can give me.

The cabins have blow dryers provided. Alot of people find them underpowered and bring their own.

Irons are not allowed in cabins. Self-serve laundry rooms are located around the ship. Each one will have atleast one iron and ironing board for passenger use.

The ship does have a laundry service. Your cabin steward will pick-up and return your items. It is a bit pricey.

Are you saying that ALL the cabins on the Conquest have hair dryers? When I cruised on the Ecstacy, they did not have them. Please confirm about the Conquest.

What I am saying is that all cabins on the Conquest are supposed to have hair dryers and that when the ship launched in November 2002 they all did. If, 5.5 years later a cabin is missing its hair dryer, I wouldn't be surprised but all cabins should have a hair dryer.

... also, i was told that the hour long massages were not an hour long....that they spent part of that time trying to push their products on you....if you pay for an hour, get an hour...then sell to me...that's how i feel anyway.

congrats on your anniversary. you will enjoy it no matter what!

Funny, I was just reading about that at work today in a travel magazine. Apparently that is a problem on all ships and lines, and the article said that if it bothers you, it's acceptable to ask them to finish the massage that you paid for, then they can start the sales pitch.

I don't really know if I'll go in for any of that stuff or not. Sitting in a salon doesn't make me feel pampered so much as like it's taking up time. I haven't had many massages, though. I don't particularly like strangers touching me. Of course, my husband hates to give me a neck rub when I'm stiff, so I might pay for something like that as long as I wouldn't have to take my clothes off.

Funny' date=' I was just reading about that at work today in a travel magazine. Apparently that is a problem on all ships and lines, and the article said that if it bothers you, it's acceptable to ask them to finish the massage that you paid for, then they can start the sales pitch.

I don't really know if I'll go in for any of that stuff or not. Sitting in a salon doesn't make me feel pampered so much as like it's taking up time. I haven't had many massages, though. I don't particularly like strangers touching me. Of course, my husband hates to give me a neck rub when I'm stiff, so I might pay for something like that as long as I wouldn't have to take my clothes off.[/quote']

Maybe they are selling only to woman because I received a 2-hour swedish massage and she never mentioned a single product to me...and I felt WONDERFUL after the massage. I just did this in Feb on Conquest

Before the cruise is scheduled to depart they'll start calling all the passengers to go to your designated muster station with your life jackets. Your steward will tell you where it is or you can find the info on the back of your room door. My advice is to not rush to the drill at the first few calls, especially if you don't like confined spaces. Last year when we got to the area we were up against the wall, in a line of about 30 people that was 6 people deep. Luckily I got out of that since I was holding my daughter and they let me be at the end not surrounded by anyone.

Love your avatar!! Are you getting excited about your cruise?

Yeah I am getting really excited about it. I cant wait. So is there any pointers you can give me about the first day because I am trying to find anyways to make the first day easier for us.

So how do you think our frogs will do this year in football. I am going to the tourny for baseball today. GO FROGS.

there is a very large selection to choose from. I got the Scorpion on my arm and it lasted about five days.

THANK YOU!!!! I'm going with my boyfriend and another couple and we want to goof off and do things that are not in our "normal" realm. This will be my 2nd cruise and my SO's first. The time isn't ticking by fast enough!!!

Yeah I am getting really excited about it. I cant wait. So is there any pointers you can give me about the first day because I am trying to find anyways to make the first day easier for us.

So how do you think our frogs will do this year in football. I am going to the tourny for baseball today. GO FROGS.

Don't get to the pier too early or you will got caught up with the passengers debarking. That said, both times we've left we got there about 11 and were on the ship by 1. Make sure you have everything that you might need that day...clothes, swimsuit, etc. because you never know when you'll get your bags. If you are driving to the pier, drop everyone off with bags then someone can go park the car. Also, reserve parking now because it's cheaper if you book in advance, at least it used to be. When you get on the ship, walk around to figure out where stuff is. Look at your capers each night to decide what you are interested in doing the next day. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

As for frog football, who knows how they'll do. We'll be at every home game though watching them - I've already got our season tickets ordered.

Don't get to the pier too early or you will got caught up with the passengers debarking. That said, both times we've left we got there about 11 and were on the ship by 1. Make sure you have everything that you might need that day...clothes, swimsuit, etc. because you never know when you'll get your bags. If you are driving to the pier, drop everyone off with bags then someone can go park the car. Also, reserve parking now because it's cheaper if you book in advance, at least it used to be. When you get on the ship, walk around to figure out where stuff is. Look at your capers each night to decide what you are interested in doing the next day. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

As for frog football, who knows how they'll do. We'll be at every home game though watching them - I've already got our season tickets ordered.

I will be at every frog football game too. How about our tcu baseball team.