Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

hmm 'about' every 90 days? hope it isn't 90days +/- 1wk because then it'll fall on our cruise :(

i'm curious too if anyone had cruised in april and encounted this delay?

We were on the Conquest and Debarkation on 4/13 was delayed due to the crew immigration check. We did self assist, used a porter and were out of the terminal at about 11:30.

Does anyone know about Conquest Verandah 8429?? Going June 15th.

Would love to have a recent Conquest Capers if you have one:

rlpolk111@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Bob

Bob,

We just returned from the June 8th sailing & stayed in Veranda 8429. It is a great room, but we experienced constant noise of chairs being drug around at night. We couldn't ever quiet figure out what was above us but apparently there were a lot of chairs. It was our first cruise, so I cant compare it to other rooms, but the vibration we felt would probably be considered as normal. Our room steward was Pedro. He was very gracious & sweet. Hope this helps some.

Shelly

Bob,

We just returned from the June 8th sailing & stayed in Veranda 8429. It is a great room, but we experienced constant noise of chairs being drug around at night. We couldn't ever quiet figure out what was above us but apparently there were a lot of chairs. It was our first cruise, so I cant compare it to other rooms, but the vibration we felt would probably be considered as normal. Our room steward was Pedro. He was very gracious & sweet. Hope this helps some.

Shelly

I've heard about the chair thing a lot that is why we booked the Empress deck. My PVP said that a lot of his costomers that book AFT and stay in cat 8 always complain about the lido deck noise. I figured why take the chance and i booked the empress as not to worry about all that noise. Ang

I've heard about the chair thing a lot that is why we booked the Empress deck. My PVP said that a lot of his costomers that book AFT and stay in cat 8 always complain about the lido deck noise. I figured why take the chance and i booked the empress as not to worry about all that noise. Ang

we were in 8365, which is closer to Mid-aft. but we didn't get any noise at all. We were right below the grand buffet. We even skipped the gala that night and didn't hear anything/???

we were in 8365, which is closer to Mid-aft. but we didn't get any noise at all. We were right below the grand buffet. We even skipped the gala that night and didn't hear anything/???

Hey sixgun we have had 8357 two doors down twice. It is a 1a that has two lowers and a upper for a 1A price. That room location was perfect mid ship right under lido. Very convenient location.

I'm getting off Conquest on July 13, so I will let everyone know how it went as far as the immigration 90 day check. I'd rather be late getting off the ship than on, but I am just a little skittish about catching my flight. It's at 2:30 p.m. out of HOU though, so I should be ok.

Ok, on another note. I think I've had all my Conquest questions answered, thanks everyone.

One more though - do the rooms have the small washcloths? I don't exactly want to drag a hand towel into the shower and can always bring my own washcloth. Just trying to plan the packing. I know one little square towel won't make a difference really but every last little thing I don't have to pack is important. ;)

Thanks!

I submitted the following suggested itineraries to Carnival for the Conquest. Let me know what you think. Would it be practical or feasible to go from Galveston to:

• Grand Cayman - Roatan, Honduras - Belize City or
  • Key West - Ocho Rios - Grand Cayman or
  • Roatan, Honduras - Belize City - Cozumel/Cancun

James

I submitted the following suggested itineraries to Carnival for the Conquest. Let me know what you think. Would it be practical or feasible to go from Galveston to:

James

The only one of those I'd feel safe with is the middle one. I don't know what touristy stuff there is in Honduras, but some of the most violent inmates I dealt with while working at a prison were from there. I guess Nicaragua is more dangerous now, though. (Isn't that where MS13 is based?)

The only one of those I'd feel safe with is the middle one. I don't know what touristy stuff there is in Honduras' date=' but some of the most violent inmates I dealt with while working at a prison were from there. I guess Nicaragua is more dangerous now, though. (Isn't that where MS13 is based?)[/quote']

Roatan is an island off the coat of Honduras. Should be safe. Belize, on the other hand, is probably less safe due to social conditions and lingering civil war effects from neighboring Guatemala.

I cruised on Valor two years ago and we did the top itinerary plus Costa Maya. I absolutely loved Roatan and had no problems in Belize so I'd be thrilled to go back to those places.

Roatan was tons of fun and everyone was friendly. Belize was quite pretty and while it rained and we couldn't go cave tubing we did go to a very nice national park and it was gorgeous.

I've never been to Cozumel though, so I'm looking forward to going there in just over two weeks.

Grand Cayman - Roatan, Honduras - Belize City

Guess this would be my choice, we've been to all these and any of them are better than Jamacia.

Doug

James

GC-Roatan-Belize: Don't think is possible, you'd need two sea days to return from Belize or GC.

KW-JAMA-GC: Doable with Montego Bay, maybe not Ocho.

Roatan-Belize-Coz: Probably best choice of three. The Elation did one very similar from Galveston for a short while and NCL did this route from Houston for two years.

Guest carlogesualdo

I could go for that last one, now that NCL is out. As long as they don't take Jamaica off my current itinerary. I've never been and I have very good reasons for wanting to go now, despite what I know about it. We were scheduled to go awhile back on RCCL, but they changed our itinerary *without telling us, thank you very much* and on a flimsy excuse, too. We ended up spending the late afternoon until midnight at Key West, a port I could have done without at that time of day in December. The only things left to do after 5:00 are shop or drink, neither of which really appeal to me. On the other hand, if we did go to Key West, I suppose that would be a good time to make a spa appointment. I got the best manicure of my life in the ship spa. I paid dearly for it, but what are you gonna do? It's a vacation.

One more though - do the rooms have the small washcloths? I don't exactly want to drag a hand towel into the shower and can always bring my own washcloth. Just trying to plan the packing. I know one little square towel won't make a difference really but every last little thing I don't have to pack is important. ;)

Thanks!

Yes, they have washcloths. They gave us two initially. Your room steward will bring you more if you need them.

We leave on July 13, guess this is the 90 day mark.

Any ideas on what time will be be able to board? Should we plan on boarding later than usual? What time is usual? I am the experienced cruiser of the group which is a sad thing :rolleyes:

Thanks!

GC-Roatan-Belize: Don't think is possible, you'd need two sea days to return from Belize or GC.

KW-JAMA-GC: Doable with Montego Bay, maybe not Ocho.

Roatan-Belize-Coz: Probably best choice of three. The Elation did one very similar from Galveston for a short while and NCL did this route from Houston for two years.

Initially, I thought it would be a relatively short cruise from KW to Ocho, by sailing east around Cuba, but that's lengthy, now that I look at the map.

Sailing to Ocho/Mo Bay, then GC to Key West would be better - Ocho's not that much farther along the coast of Jamiaca than Mo Bay (and you dock at James Bond pier)! It takes two days to Jamaica, next day to GC, and maybe two days to KW, then a day or two back to Galveston.

Oh, for the days when we'll be able to sail to Cuba! What a large island to miss, just because of malcontents in South Florida.

Hey sixgun we have had 8357 two doors down twice. It is a 1a that has two lowers and a upper for a 1A price. That room location was perfect mid ship right under lido. Very convenient location.

I didn't know there were any 1as up there!!! Did you pick the room or magically get assigned both times?? That is a very interesting option, except I don't know if the wife would do seperate beds!!

As for the extra Itineraries. I really really doubt they will offer anything else. At most you could see an OCHO switch for MOBAY or Progresso for COZ(which would put off most guest). Only realistic option would be if Cuba somehow opened up for US travels! The island is too large to sail around effectively. You could see a Key West, OCHO only run with yet another sea day??

I didn't know there were any 1as up there!!! Did you pick the room or magically get assigned both times?? That is a very interesting option, except I don't know if the wife would do seperate beds!!

No I picked it from the 1a's that were available. The first time I didn't know that it would have the two lowers and the upper. That cruise was just the daughter and myself so I didn't really care. So I booked again for my mom and sure enough it still had the two lowers as a queen. She did it as a single and loved it. I would book that room again..... Low cost great location...

No I picked it from the 1a's that were available. The first time I didn't know that it would have the two lowers and the upper. That cruise was just the daughter and myself so I didn't really care. So I booked again for my mom and sure enough it still had the two lowers as a queen. She did it as a single and loved it. I would book that room again..... Low cost great location...

without a doubt that's a great location!!! We loved it! quick access to the elevators.

There are several itins that could be done if they wanted. The new deal for the Conquest is Key West and the Bahamas. I really don't care what they do as long as they limit or elimanate Jamaica.

Coz, GC, and Roatan.

Coz, Costa Maya, and Cancun

Belize, Costa Maya, Coz

There is still Playa Del Carmen, Progresso, Grand Cayman, and of course two stops in Jamaica.

There are several itins that could be done if they wanted. The new deal for the Conquest is Key West and the Bahamas. I really don't care what they do as long as they limit or elimanate Jamaica.

Coz, GC, and Roatan.

Coz, Costa Maya, and Cancun

Belize, Costa Maya, Coz

There is still Playa Del Carmen, Progresso, Grand Cayman, and of course two stops in Jamaica.

I look forward to seeing Jamaica. Why would you want it dropped?

I look forward to seeing Jamaica. Why would you want it dropped?

I know you didn't ask me' date=' but I'll give you a comment by a Jamaican which sums it up for me. My friend complemented a taxi driver (a very nice lady) on the beauty her island and her comment was, "Yes it would be a nice place to live if it was not for the [b']crime[/b], drugs, and poverty". Her comments, not mine.

There was a lot of discussion on these boards about a year ago after a ships tour was robbed at gun point. You might want to search those.