Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

I guess once you leave Texas, it becomes an import. How funny.

Yes, so I won't pay the premium price since I can get it at Sams.

I drink Pilsner Urquell and that's the ONLY place you can get it at all so I do tend to hang at that bar a bit.;)

Originally Posted by picomullet viewpost.gif

Which is better EZ Parking or Lighthouse Parking? Security?

Thanks,

Debby

Debby, We parked at lighthouse Nov 2008 and it was great. We did not prebook. We dropped our luggage off at the terminal first but others loaded theirs right on Lighthouse's van. They were so polite and friendly and when we returned, they were waiting for us. They loaded our luggage and we went right back to the lot. No waiting in lines, no walking to our cars, and really nice local people. I highly recommend Lighthouse Parking.

Joy

As far as security, there is a tall cyclone fence around the entire lot and only one entrance, past a guard.

Edited by truchattycathy

Thank you

Has anyone taken the starfish tour on one cruise and the Rum Point tour on another? Is Rum point worth the extra $22 or so? Or would the extra time be better spent looking around town?

Depends on what you want to do? Rum Point includes lunch. You order from a menu on board and when you get to Rum Point you sit at picnic tables and they bring your food to you. They have a gift shop, and clean bathrooms. I thought the beach was beautiful. We only had about 30 min. at the beach after we ate. We didn't do the starfish tour, but they stopped our boat and dove in and brought up a starfish for us to see and hold. It was really nice. You really can't go wrong with NativeWay. Stingray City is really exciting and NativeWay has smaller tours and just seem so personable. They even let us take turns driving the boat. Enjoy and say hi to Solomon for me.

Joy

I have a Conquest Only question, since I'm only going on the Conquest...

Do the beds in Cat 12 make into twins?!?

Friend and I are celebrating her birthday, but I don't want to sleep that close to her!!

Or...does the couch make into a bed that an adult could sleep on?

I have a Conquest Only question, since I'm only going on the Conquest...

Do the beds in Cat 12 make into twins?!?

Friend and I are celebrating her birthday, but I don't want to sleep that close to her!!

Or...does the couch make into a bed that an adult could sleep on?

hey Stir

Yes they did split, I assume it will be same after dry dock.

hey Stir

Yes they did split, I assume it will be same after dry dock.

Thanks so much, Snoozeman! I like her, but not THAT much...

How are things in Bosque County?!? Guess I'd better head on over to your blog and catch up on things!

*AWWW...those are such cuties! I would like some here at Greene Acres!!

Edited by Stircrzy

Originally Posted by picomullet viewpost.gif

Which is better EZ Parking or Lighthouse Parking? Security?

Thanks,

Debby

Debby, We parked at lighthouse Nov 2008 and it was great. We did not prebook. We dropped our luggage off at the terminal first but others loaded theirs right on Lighthouse's van. They were so polite and friendly and when we returned, they were waiting for us. They loaded our luggage and we went right back to the lot. No waiting in lines, no walking to our cars, and really nice local people. I highly recommend Lighthouse Parking.

Joy

As far as security, there is a tall cyclone fence around the entire lot and only one entrance, past a guard.

If you're sailing during the busy time of year (Summer) I would definitely recommend booking your parking spot in advance. You'll save $5, and you'll know for sure that you have a space. With close to 3000 people traveling on the Conquest each week, their cars need to be parked somewhere. I would venture to say that at least 65-70% of the guest onboard are from Texas, and most of them will drive to the pier.

[SIZE="3"]We're booked in OV cabin 2388...looks like some of the cabin is below the galley and some is below an exterior deck. Are we gonna have a problem with noise from the galley? Should we try and move to the Riviera deck?

Thanks.

Hook'em[/SIZE]

Everything :D Just a beautiful ship altogether. I was quite fond of the martini bar, the theatre is very pretty. Don't miss the Legends show on the last night, fun show with passengers that competed in Karoake throughout the week for a chance to perform. Have fun!

[quote name='Angelamu7']This will be the first time we have been on her...what is something we must look for or see?

I really want to see some photos/reviews of her after drydock! ;)[/quote]

[quote name='dnj1']Did I read correctly? All conquest rooms have mini-frig? I dont think I remember seeing one in our inside room. :confused:[/QUOTE]

they are behind a locked cabnit, the one in our inside room was by itself next to the closet, but they are not empty fridges, they have drinks for sale in them.:(

[quote name='232271']they are behind a locked cabnit, the one in our inside room was by itself next to the closet, but they are not empty fridges, they have drinks for sale in them.:([/quote]

Wow that is scary. I never noticed it. We will be on Conquest again in August, this time I will look for it. Thanks

[quote name='CodenCruiser']I have a question that may have already been answered. Does the dress code for the steakhouse require a coat? I had planned to wear a tie, but DW doesn't want to pack a coat if it isn't necessary. Ready to sail during Mardi Gras. Can hardly wait.[/quote]

Unless they've changed the rules, dress coats are not required.