Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

[quote name='Angelamu7']Here is what I have found out about the dinning since it starts on my sailing 4/26.

It is a choice you will have, assinged (early or late) OR open. It is not like the NCL where you have no choice just open.

I like the idea of being able to reserve like 6:30 or 7:00 instead of the 6:00 dinner time...we will see.[/QUOTE]

Now I'm even more confused. Will one dining room have the traditional early/late seating and the other open for "reservations" for a lack of a better wording for open seating? I've only sailed with traditional assigned seating.

To be honest, I'm really indifferent to either one. I'm just trying to figure out what to expect. I do like having the same waiter each evening, if they're good and entertaining. I'll be looking forward to hearing from folks in May how this is all working out.

[quote name='GUYnTEXAS']I called Carnival and asked and they told me it doesn't start on The Conquest until 4/26, but it will , in a matter of time, be fleetwide.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, they also told me that there was a Mongolian Grill. Something the few people who have just come off the Conqest after dry dock deny.

If you don't know how that the grill is upstairs in the buffet dining area you would'nt just run across it by accident. You have to make an effort to go up the stairs and locate it. We were pleasantly surprized to find it one afternoon when we just wondered up the stairs (just to see what was up there).

[quote name='TXLuv2cruise']If you don't know how that the grill is upstairs in the buffet dining area you would'nt just run across it by accident. You have to make an effort to go up the stairs and locate it. We were pleasantly surprized to find it one afternoon when we just wondered up the stairs (just to see what was up there).[/quote]

that sounds like Sur Mer??? the seafood spot, did they eliminate Sur Mer to put in a Mongolian grill??? I hope not. The already had PC Woks opposite of Paul's Deli heading back towards the Sun Deck.

that sounds like Sur Mer??? the seafood spot, did they eliminate Sur Mer to put in a Mongolian grill??? I hope not. The already had PC Woks opposite of Paul's Deli heading back towards the Sun Deck.

oops I meant Sky Deck, but the new deck plans show the mongolian grille on both sides of the ship in the SUN deck area, by the main pool. I know that's where they had a nacho bar and snack on mardi gras night

This is from DaCruiserFromtheATX on the Conquest Feb1 Roll Call:

The upgrades consisted of new carpet and paint in some areas. Alsothe TV people are melting over and changed the floor to ceiling window rooms on deck 11 to Balconies. No mongolian grill and someone was asking who was the person playing in the piano room. His name was milburn and was ok but i have seen better. Sorry to all at the pub crawl that i couldn't stay with yall but i was very tired. Atleast i showed up though more then i can say about some others who said they were gonna be there. Cruise was ok I have had better and I have had worse. Could never get in Hot Tubs at the main Lido deck due to Kids being in it all the time. Must be nice to get to take days off during school time to go on cruises. My how times have changed since i as a kid. Tv was cool but i must say if i walked out there and saw the Miley Cyrus video one more time i would have hung myself.Food was good Cayman Islands excursion was cancelled due to cool weather and high winds. Jamaica was good. Cozumel was great of course met some friends and drank all day long.

- I also saw that harleydudesat said there was not a flat screen tv in her cabin, just regular CRT; wonder if some of the anticipated upgrades were cut back due to cost constraints???

This is from DaCruiserFromtheATX on the Conquest Feb1 Roll Call:

The upgrades consisted of new carpet and paint in some areas. Alsothe TV people are melting over and changed the floor to ceiling window rooms on deck 11 to Balconies. No mongolian grill and someone was asking who was the person playing in the piano room. His name was milburn and was ok but i have seen better. Sorry to all at the pub crawl that i couldn't stay with yall but i was very tired. Atleast i showed up though more then i can say about some others who said they were gonna be there. Cruise was ok I have had better and I have had worse. Could never get in Hot Tubs at the main Lido deck due to Kids being in it all the time. Must be nice to get to take days off during school time to go on cruises. My how times have changed since i as a kid. Tv was cool but i must say if i walked out there and saw the Miley Cyrus video one more time i would have hung myself.Food was good Cayman Islands excursion was cancelled due to cool weather and high winds. Jamaica was good. Cozumel was great of course met some friends and drank all day long.

- I also saw that harleydudesat said there was not a flat screen tv in her cabin, just regular CRT; wonder if some of the anticipated upgrades were cut back due to cost constraints???

ok, what's the first red part mean? Maybe I am too tired? and the secodn Mongolian grill part??? the deck plans have it?

We are booked on the Conquest can anybody tell me about Room 2266? Any information would be greatly appreciated, but I am concerned with the upper bunk (i'll probably end up sleeping in it)? I called and found out that to upgrade was about $600 more for a balcony but a smaller room, should I upgrade anyway becuase of the balcony and a double pull out sofa or what. I am so confused a friend of mine advised to upgrade because it was worth it to have a balcony(Lido deck). I have been reading this forum and it's full of information.:)

To my knowledge the Conquest does not have "double pullout sofas" The sofas that covert to beds do so by the removal of the backing, they are single berths.

I have slept in an upper once. It was on Elation. While it didn't have the fine bedding of the two lower beds it was quite comfortable. The uppers on Conquest may be the same or different but I wouldn't spend $600 to upgrade to a sofa. JMHO.

Now spending more cash for a balcony is a personal choice. If you want a balcony, spend the extra money. Just spend the money for the balcony, not the berth.

ADD BOY,

Were you saying the upgrades consisted of new carpet, painting in some areas plus the new poolside TV and the floor to ceiling OV's that were converted to balconies? I would love to gear from someone who stayed on the spa deck.Hw about some photos, pretty please.

JK

Another Conquest cruise is about to come to a close. I'm hoping for more reviews and some photos.

Thank You in advance!

JK

no kidding, this is almost like a supreme secret or something. We've got tidbits of potential misinformation and it's frustrating.

Another Conquest cruise is about to come to a close. I'm hoping for more reviews and some photos.

Thank You in advance!

JK

Julie, we leave this Sunday and I promise to post a review when we return. Our cruise is the inaugural cruise to the Bahamas and we can hardly wait. And I promise pictures. My camera attaches itself to my hand upon boarding - LOL. :D

Joan

Julie, we leave this Sunday and I promise to post a review when we return. Our cruise is the inaugural cruise to the Bahamas and we can hardly wait. And I promise pictures. My camera attaches itself to my hand upon boarding - LOL. :D

Joan

oh please please please do. I will actually hae many many questions for you on the new ports. We do a podcast for the Conquest and We have questions as to how busy it is in the new ports and distances to common locations and such. Also availability of taxis and all that.

Joan

We are on the next trip to the Bahamas so I will be looking forward to your review. Have a great cruise.

I read on the Carnival website that the flat screen tvs are now in Cat. 11 suites, balcony room descriptions show no mention of them. Oh well, not planning on watching too much tv anyway. There is a nice picture of the pool side big screen too. :p

oh please please please do. I will actually have many many questions for you on the new ports. We do a podcast for the Conquest and We have questions as to how busy it is in the new ports and distances to common locations and such. Also availability of taxis and all that.

Actually, I have been to Nassau on the Glory, the Conquest's sister ship, so I am familiar with the port in Nassau.

We dock practically downtown and just walking distance to the straw market. There are plenty of taxis, scooters, etc. right outside the terminal area. When we were there two years ago, we did the historical tour of the city and really enjoyed it. That is the best way to see all of Nassau. However, I will try to write an extensive report of each port. If you have specific questions you can email me at cruisegirl23 at sbcglobal dot net. But do it tonight or first thing in the morning.

Joan

I am booked on the Conquest on 9/6 in cabin 7434 and I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this cabin cinfiguration

...we'll be neighbors sorta,...My wife and I are in 7437. :) Not sure about the exact config, but 7434 likely has a king bed and a convertible sofa.

Actually, I have been to Nassau on the Glory, the Conquest's sister ship, so I am familiar with the port in Nassau.

We dock practically downtown and just walking distance to the straw market. There are plenty of taxis, scooters, etc. right outside the terminal area. When we were there two years ago, we did the historical tour of the city and really enjoyed it. That is the best way to see all of Nassau. However, I will try to write an extensive report of each port. If you have specific questions you can email me at cruisegirl23 at sbcglobal dot net. But do it tonight or first thing in the morning.

Joan

We are to do that trip in July. I am really looking forward to hearing about yours.

I have been to Key West and really do like it. We did the trolly around town and thought it was very good.

elizabeth

Travel girl 123,

Thank You in advance for your willingness to share the information on your up coming cruise.

I thought I would put my questions out there before the next set of cruisers leave. The group of ladies that I will be traveling with are interested in any info about the Spa Deck and the newly converted cabins. Since those cabins are on the top deck I don't think the balconies will be covered. Does anyone know if we could attach umbrellas to the balcony chairs? Two of the women have had some skin cancers. I have seen umbrellas that you can attach to lawn chairs. Do they offer dance classes like line dancing or salsa? What about water aerobics? I'm sure there will be a fee and thats fine. Looking forward to hearing from everyone about everything .

JK